• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is this a good deal (Hino)

bins

Minibin I see you added a F550 to your fleet. What was the reason for doing so compared 26k gvw or larger truck?

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
Minibin I see you added a F550 to your fleet. What was the reason for doing so compared 26k gvw or larger truck?
Bins,
I added a hino 358 33K single axle with a ampliroll 120 but i still needed something smaller. I bought the F550 for my personal truck and to deliver bins right up to 20 yards but the truth is it handles 75% of what our weights typically are. I needed a plow truck and something for those jobs that we can't get the bigger trucks into. Mostly I needed something that I could respond to the one off 9 or 10 at night job without going to the yard and warming a truck up. I just bring the bin home and go when needed. I don't ever say no to a customer. EVER!

Bins you must have seen a pic of the f550 somewhere we took a 36' hook and modified it to 54" so it is compatible with the rest of my stuff.

DSC_0746original.jpg

pumba

Occupation
truck driver mechanic machine operator
I work in the rolloff business there are two trucks an 08 peterbilt and a 02 Volvo I make a 300 mile round trip every day pulling two 50 yard open tops I prefer the Volvo without air ride compared to the chromed out long nose pete with air ride the Volvo is just more of an off road work truck plus it has a bigger cab it depends on what kind of work you plan on doing with it and parts availability sorry to say it but id have to laugh at a hino if I seen one pulling containers I just cant see how the ones with a winch are any good the strong arm and the hook is the standard im thinkin.get a tandem that could fit long containers that way you could haul almost any kind your own or others just saying