• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is there a Hyundai mechanic on this board?

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
Well, All these different makes and models might work more or less the same way but the electrical schematics of the cluster and controller ,the connector pin out and wire colour and wire numbering on the different makes and models are sure as hell not the the same.

And I am pretty sure if I ask a cat or JD or any other brand mechanic a question about Hyundai electrics that they say ,..I do not know anything about these machines,..go see the dealer.

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
And the problem is that the dealer is not interested in helping me out unless I let them send a mechanic to have a look at it but the nearest one is 300 miles away and I ain't interested in spending a fortune on this old hoe.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Well, All these different makes and models might work more or less the same way but the electrical schematics of the cluster and controller ,the connector pin out and wire colour and wire numbering on the different makes and models are sure as hell not the the same.

And I am pretty sure if I ask a cat or JD or any other brand mechanic a question about Hyundai electrics that they say ,..I do not know anything about these machines,..go see the dealer.

Sounds like you got it pretty well figured out :D

But like Vtech says these machines all pretty much operate the same.... and even though on the wiring side they may have a different color wire, plug or sensor fact is most machines still share a *lot* of designers 'traits' I know plenty of guys that work on anything and everything... like myself they rely on any info they can get from the dealer but also a vast experience of knowledge from working on other brands of machines and will usually not shy away from at least looking at a third world machine. So while there are plenty of things the average mechanic can't fix because it's some secret hyundai IP there are still plenty of issues that can be identified and corrected.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Bison
You are correct that wiring differs from make to make however if you can be a little more specific as to the actual problem we may be able to help (UPC means nothing to me and I suspect a lot of the other guys contributing on the forum)
Kind regards
Uffex

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As I recall seeing in my travels most of the Hyundai line used Cummins engines with Kawasaki pumps. The hydraulic systems were a bit of a copy of the Sumitomo line and the electrical components were a mash of different modules doing the same basic this as all the rest of the makes. As Mr. Uffex states above, "if you can be a little more specific as to the actual problem we may be able to help." What we probably can't help with is the actual programing of the computers. Things like assessing the diagnostics or the location of harness connectors or knowing the interactions taking place between components like throttle motors, alternators, temperature and pressure sensors and pump controls.

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
Good day Bison
You are correct that wiring differs from make to make however if you can be a little more specific as to the actual problem we may be able to help (UPC means nothing to me and I suspect a lot of the other guys contributing on the forum)
Kind regards
Uffex
Yes CPU,..stupid me spelled it wrong.
I bought an 1999 Hyundai that seems to have a few electrical issues I'm trying to chase down. In the past some bubbas have made a mess of the wiring harness.
I need to know if there's a difference in CPU model between serial # ending in 551 and over and serial# ending in 550 and under. Dealer says there ain't any but I ain't that sure.

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
I also need to know the fusebox fuse values for this model 210 LC3 serial # ending with 451.

I can't find this info in my repair manual and I don't have an operator manual for this thing.
The dealer don't have this info either, neither do they have an operators manual.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Bison
Have some notes from Hyundai product may be helpful
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Hyundia Electric.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
Thanks uffex.
The fusebox shown is not the same as I have but the fuse value shown to the Cluster and CPU is what counts the most.