• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

is there a difference JD 350 vs 350 b

cdunn

Occupation
Retired from Ga. dept of agriculture
Most likely reverser or possibly steering clutches, however, if both tracks stop, its not likely steering clutches on both sides are slipping at same time. The reverser has two stacks of disks one for forward and one for reverse, with no main clutch as such. The lever on left side of the seat operates a valve for forward and reverse. The left foot pedal simply stops the action of the reverser, however makes inching movement of tractor possible.

tomcatoib

Ok my left driving lever dose not work good turning in forward it works better when in reverse. Is there a cooler or anything to cool off the transmission fluid? When it will not drive forward I can put it reverse and it will work fine.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Ok my left driving lever dose not work good turning in forward it works better when in reverse. Is there a cooler or anything to cool off the transmission fluid? When it will not drive forward I can put it reverse and it will work fine.

The linkage adjustment on these are quite fussy. Look in your manual and follow the adjustment steps carefully and in the proper order. I bought a "poor moving" 455D a few years ago for near nothing, adjusted linkage to specs and had a great little loader. On a side note you can check to see if the main clutch slips by looking at the PTO if it has one. The PTO runs direct from the main clutch so if it stops with the machine while pushing the main clutch is slipping. If it continues to turn as normal the steering clutches are slipping.

cdunn

Occupation
It sounds your problem, or most of it could be corrected by steering clutch adjustment. You need a copy of the service manual for doing that, it a detailed procedure and needs to be done step by step. You can download them from John Deere web site for a fee of course, sometimes found E-bay, Binder Books has them, Dubuque Tractor (very reasonable). I don't think the B has a transmission oil cooler but, it does have engine oil circulated thru a dedicated part of the radiator. JD Crawlers . com web site is a place for everything you want to know about older JD crawlers.

cdunn

Occupation
It sounds your problem, or most of it could be corrected by steering clutch adjustment. You need a copy of the service manual for doing that, it a detailed procedure and needs to be done step by step. You can download them from John Deere web site for a fee of course, sometimes found E-bay, Binder Books has them, I don't think the B has a transmission oil cooler but, it does have engine oil circulated thru a dedicated part of the radiator. JD Crawlers . com web site is a place for everything you want to know about older JD crawlers.
Davenport Tractors web site has service manuals very reasonable.