• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

is there a difference JD 350 vs 350 b

dillon45

I have a chance to buy a 1973 JD 350 Don't have a serial number.
My question : is there a difference between a 350 and a 350 B ?
The machine does not have any decals that are visible and the serial
number tag is missing.

The owner is asking 3900.00 for it, which i think is a reasonable price
he states it has new rails.
If i could, i would like your opinion on this machine
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 740

Iron@Dirt

We have a 350B at the camp with 6 way. It can give a good boost to work out there. At 42 hp its a small machine but does some good work if expectations are kept reasonable. My serial tag is missing also but still has a 350B sticker.

dillon45

We have a 350B at the camp with 6 way. It can give a good boost to work out there. At 42 hp its a small machine but does some good work if expectations are kept reasonable. My serial tag is missing also but still has a 350B sticker.
Thanks for your response, I think $3900.00 is very cheap for a working dozer with "new rails", in your opinion does the rails look good to you ? I know it's difficult to tell from
this picture, but i would like to hear what you think.
Thanks,
dillon

Last edited:

dillon45

Iron@Dirt $_3 (1).JPG I hope this show a better view of the rail, maybe you can give be you're opinion with this picture.
Thanks again.

dillon

Last edited:

td25c

Cant see the rails very good but the way the track pads are kinked tells me the pins & bushings are tight.Tractor hasent been used much lately.

norite

Looks like the pins are stuck, track isn't laying flat in a few spots. Track looks a little tight, should back off the tensioner for a little bit of sag between the upper roller and the sprocket/idler. Were the rails actually new or new to him? Ask present owner to see a receipt for the rails.

dillon45

Yes he said he hasn't used the machine lately, do you think this will be a problem ? or will the tracks straighten out with some use.

Tinkerer

Thanks for your response, I think $3900.00 is very cheap for a working dozer with "new rails", in your opinion does the rails look good to you ? I know it's difficult to tell from
this picture, but i would like to hear what you think.
Thanks,
dillon

That is a strange looking "working dozer". It looks just like a 350 track loader.:)

Iron@Dirt

350B has a hydraulic reverser, 350 might be straight gear drive. If it has reverser you need to check that out good, could be a bad under taking if you find it slipping. On mine it kills the engine once locked up, but if you put it against a tree then select forward it will slip. If the engine sounds good price looks good.

dillon45

Thank for the advice Iron@Dirt, do you believe the rails/tracks will straighten out where they are kinked? , the guy had new rails installed and they rusted up from non use
and leaving the machine outdoors.
Thanks,
dillon

dillon45

Thanks again for the info. however, the machine is in Pennsylvania, and I'm in Missouri, the owner seems to be very forth coming w/ info. and says it is a very good dozer
in all respects, mechanically it is very good, "he states". I believe I'm going to go ahead and buy it, the shipping will be approx. $1500.00 so i will have $5400.00 invested, but w/ a very good U.C. I checked around and this seems to be a good deal.
I'm going to send payment out tomorrow, i have a shipper lined up, so I should have it sometime next week and will post pictures and be able to tell you more.

dillon45

Find you a nice big puddle of water to play in. That'll loosen 'em up.
Hey i have a place on the farm with a hard bottom and shallow water, thanks will try it . I thought that pouring oil in the chain would be the way to go but i guess it would pick up a lot of dirt.

Temu

Hey i have a place on the farm with a hard bottom and shallow water, thanks will try it . I thought that pouring oil in the chain would be the way to go but i guess it would pick up a lot of dirt.

You'll be good to go then. And yep, oil is not used for that very reason you stated.

dillon45

Temu, good deal, i have a small stream i can swim the dozer in. I guess I'm taking a risk buying sight unseen but sometimes you have got to take a chance, plus dozers are very
high priced in my area, the same machine would sell for $7500.00 or more and that is with a questionable U.C. so i decided to go for it.
It's like 'Forest Gump" would say life is like a box of chocolates you never know what s inside.

d9gdon

Um, didn't you decide against these tractors after you found out you have to remove the final drive to replace the steering clutch in your other threads?

dillon45

Yes i did, but have been unable to locate anything with in a price range that would dictate the little use it will get, probably no more than a 100 to 150 hrs. a year.
Then i came across this one from a private owner with very good rails and steers and runs good according to the owner.
So I should never had said never, what else can i say other than it is priced right, but i see your point.

tomcatoib

How is it running? I just got a 350b and the tracks slips after 45 mins or so running the machine what do you think the problem is ? I have changed the fluids and filters