• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Increases in parts across the board...

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
I’ve done quite a few of them.. it’s a 2 man job.. 1 guy inside and 1 out..
U GOTTA get the #’s off the pump name plate and match it to the new/reman pump.. a 6.2 isn’t a 1 pump fits all.. they’re all different so do yer homework..

Understood, that's why it's still sitting here a year later. I wasn't obligated to get it running, just get it out of where it was previously. I "volunteered" to help him locate parts and do something when time permitted me to do so, but I haven't found that time yet. Which is ok with me because I know how that job can be. That's why I can't even get anyone in a 100 mile radius of here to work on it. No biggie; I'm looking forward to pushing it onto the lowbed and carrying it to NC more than ever now.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Well, it has finally happened to my industry. Got pre-notification this morning that prices will be going up again, this time also on backordered stuff. Because it has yet to be made and they can't make it for the old prices.

1466IH

I wouldnt have to worry about all this if I would have just put in a rv park and a mini storage when I first thought of it 30 years ago.
I know that feeling. Dad used to come up with different ideas all the time for waterfowl decoys and always told him I would get around to building his creations when I had time. Now at least 3 of his ideas on on the market through the big name hunting equipment companies

crane operator

I wouldnt have to worry about all this if I would have just put in a rv park and a mini storage when I first thought of it 30 years ago.

I thought you were opening up a dancing joint? Guess you can't deal with the labor negotiations in this tight hiring market....

Truck Shop

A huge part of the labor problem is the vacuum created with boomers retiring. It was stated 12 years ago
what to expect, and it's happened. Our book keeper is retiring the 15th at 69. Office has gone through
5 trying to find one to replace her. It's going to take two. Boss told me even after Penske starts doing a
major part of the work I will still be a employee for as long as I want after I retire.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I worked Feld truck leasing that merged to Gelco lease where after the Feld ceo died Gelco sold off the Feld operations to Penske who essentially shut all the competition shops down.
All my side work revolved of my career there. I was deemed a Unsuitable employ.

Truck Shop

And so it goes-Some are still asking high prices for used trucks-but the bottom has fallen out.
Freightliner is running ahead of schedule on new truck orders by 4 to 5 months. 3 axle tractors
are not worth much at this point and the used value of 4 axle has fallen off.