• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

In my experience…

ahart

Looks like you were lucky and got the oversize ag tires.
Rears are in excellent shape, fronts need changed, I think these tires will make the loader handle pretty well. From the looks of it, I got real lucky and the clutch is fairly new. From what I saw, they’re not cheap.

amazes me how small the shafts for the transmissions are on tractors.
The shafts are definitely small, 40hp on this unit and about 1000 gears in the transmission. I’ve never been into one like this before, done several 4020s over the years, nothing like this though.

ahart

I wish we could share videos here like photos, caught good footage on my dash cam today. 2 lane rural highway, lane closure for bridge repair. I was second in line and no traffic coming so I knew light was about to turn green. I saw a mini van on the other end go in and out of line a couple times. Light drops green and off we go. Next thing I know mini van is headed in to the traffic lane heading toward us. Pickup in front of me pulls off on the shoulder, no way I’m doing that, I didn’t run a red light. I got right up to her and she’s angry with me for not doing the same. I ended up going around her because there was room but I was more than willing to set the brakes and wait. No way I was backing out. Hard to believe people can be so entitled to think this behavior is acceptable.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Seems like I have close calls every day. Back in south Texas I used to blame it on oilfield workers but in east Texas I just blame it on idiots. Last week I was on a 2 lane side road and I met a wide load carrying a shed or mini house. I slowed down and made room. Right before we passed I looked in my right side mirror and saw tire smoke and a pickup truck completely sideways with his back tires in the ditch. It wasn’t on a corner and he had to have passed the guide car with all the blinky lights. I could write volumes about this nonsense. Where did you get your dash cam?

colson04

Sounds like I need to put dash cams in our tractors with planting season approaching. The number of idiot driver stories I've amassed is staggering. I've only been hit once so far, but there have been too many close calls.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Honestly I used to think that Massachusetts and Connecticut had the worst drivers but I’ve got an updated opinion. Back before Christmas I got sideswiped in my old truck by a brand new car. I know it was new because I saw the temporary tags while I was trying to get them to stop. They left me in the dust so I called the police but they told me if there wasn’t $500 worth of damage they didn’t care. All it did to me was wipe off some dirt but the cars side mirror was hanging by the wires so I’ve got that satisfaction.

Truck Shop

All of the above stories add up to a response of {Excuse me for driving on your highway}.
Tail gating { They are in a hurry and expect you to break the law for them} so they push.
Driving laws--people could just give a sh!t--70% just don't care.
Here if you buy a used car one item is for sure brand new {turn signal switch/stalk} nobody
uses signals here.

Reactions: mks

ahart

My dash cam is a Red Tiger brand, model F7NP, it has nice video quality, app for downloading to your phone and the ability to put a larger SD card in for more storage. I just go into the camera through the app and download the 1 min clip that contains the footage I want. Makes for good conversation anyway. Hopefully it stays a conversation piece and not a liability factor.

skyking1

I wish we could share videos here like photos, caught good footage on my dash cam today. 2 lane rural highway, lane closure for bridge repair. I was second in line and no traffic coming so I knew light was about to turn green. I saw a mini van on the other end go in and out of line a couple times. Light drops green and off we go. Next thing I know mini van is headed in to the traffic lane heading toward us. Pickup in front of me pulls off on the shoulder, no way I’m doing that, I didn’t run a red light. I got right up to her and she’s angry with me for not doing the same. I ended up going around her because there was room but I was more than willing to set the brakes and wait. No way I was backing out. Hard to believe people can be so entitled to think this behavior is acceptable.
you can upload the video to :

skyking1

I got all those links by starting to link a video, then copy and pasting that into the message. That was a happy coincidence. I use Youtube because I always had an account, but you can see you have lots of choices. Click the 3 dots to the right of the picture graphic, and the next level of options opens up below that. The video link is second from left next to the smiley.