• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I'm going to sit down & have a good cry.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
NOT necessarily, was the stuff fibrous and chunky or was it sticky goo? If was just Stuck with fuel detritus may not be a problem now, you did say had a ANTIQUE fuel filter on it. If was chunky I cleaned the one on my Allis 180, lasted three years before sent pump off and had rebuilt.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
NOT necessarily, was the stuff fibrous and chunky or was it sticky goo? If was just Stuck with fuel detritus may not be a problem now, you did say had a ANTIQUE fuel filter on it. If was chunky I cleaned the one on my Allis 180, lasted three years before sent pump off and had rebuilt.
I just ran it a couple hours. Moving it in every direction to do a thorough greasing, moving a large pile of firewood, & bringing the grade up around a new deck with screened stone, not a hiccup.
It ran as well as it did Monday!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Run it like you stole it
If no hiccup then good to go
If does die again and crud in the fitting
Pump rebuild time
Talk to Thepumpguy!!

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
If it's a roosa master pump, pull the top cover off and it's most likely filled w/ coffee ground looking crap..that's the old flex ring disintegrating..like DMiller said it's rebuild time...I'm sure Thepumpguy's ears are ringing..lol..

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
If it's a roosa master pump, pull the top cover off and it's most likely filled w/ coffee ground looking crap..that's the old flex ring disintegrating..like DMiller said it's rebuild time...I'm sure Thepumpguy's ears are ringing..lol..
I hoped he'd chime in. Its a Stanadyne pump. I have no idea what the inside of these pumps look like,

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Quite a weekend, thank God it's over!!!!
Zack (27 year old youngest son) arrived early Saturday "to split wood". Seth was here, disgusted that the four way wedge I had started was not acceptable to him. His way involved discarded bolt on cutting edge from a huge loader.

I spent my Saturday helping them when they wanted, lots of anger that the Millermatic 252 decided to birds nest again & again. It seems that is my fault.

Also, I repacked the extend a hoe hydraulic cylinder on the Case 580K, then putting the dipper stick back on the tractor. By 10:00AM today I was ready to try the extend a hoe. It pushed out, but wouldn't retract. Proved to be the pin missed the eye of the cylinder entirely. Deep inside the bowels of this greasy dinosaur, it wasn't easy to fix! Both sons gone, Mrs. B was the operator. Turns out, to her, STOP means keep your foot right where it is.

We may remain married.

That done, nothing left to go wrong but the hoses at top of dipper & boom. 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM i spent trying to configure them. Everything I tried, they tangled, and attempted to rip off. The Case 580K service manual does not have a WTF!!!!!!! how do I prevent hose suicide at the top of the extend a hoe?

Like every engineering failure ever, the manufacturer's tactic is to ignore the problem.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Have you tried bungee cording them loosely together so they support each other?

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Isn't the empty bracket at the top of the extend a hoe supposed to have a clamp for the hoses?
It is & earlier in the day it was installed. Somehow all four hoses were bending at an impossible angle right at the last fitting on the boom. On one side, a factory clamp was missing. I built a replacement today. It was bending the hard line at the end of the boom.
I'm thinking of getting longer hoses so they could coil. What I have now is not working.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I've tried rope, zip ties, everything I can think of. One would think guiding them as a bundle would be best. It only causes one to get caught. It isn't helping that the two big ones have to cross. They hit the bucket cylinder opposite side from where they come up the boom 1/4" away from moving parts.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Newer Case extend a hoe show only two lines, the bucket cylinder. The hard lines at end of the boom turn & point toward the bucket. In any position, the flex lines are in an S curve. I can't do that, but maybe a longer flex line?

crane operator

This one shows a extended plate to move them even further up and out of the way. You could maybe do similar with a steel rod and loop to give it a little flex? One on each side?

case extenda hoe (2).jpg

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
This one shows a extended plate to move them even further up and out of the way. You could maybe do similar with a steel rod and loop to give it a little flex? One on each side?

View attachment 226607
Yeah, I'm a little confused about your picture. Mine has about 44" of travel plus the bending at the joint top of boom. Maybe it'd work, but I'd need longer hoses.

I have a theory about the machine in your picture; with so many levers, nobody ever figured out how to use it, it never dug a hole.

I'm thinking longer hoses & an extension on the dipper extension. That has to be reaching up a foot higher than mine.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician

View attachment 226607

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the one in your picture. It seems with dipper retracted, crowd extended the fittings at the ends of the hoses would almost touch.

hosspuller

Looks to me, like the hoses have a twist in them. or they are backwards to each other's natural lay. In other words, with one end free, they should lay together, and bend together. Then connect the second end without twisting the hoses. Kinda like coiling electrical cords. Fight the natural lay and get tangles for your troubles. o_O