1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

IH Bread Truck becoming a deck truck

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by King of Obsolete, Apr 12, 2015.

1. King of Obsolete

King of Obsolete Senior Member

marketing my life style
    back in sept 2014 i "aquired" a IH bread truck which was my first tow job with the weight box tow truck part of the Screaming Ford. now it is time to make the bread truck in to something use full in the great white north.
    i popped the bread box off because it was falling apart big time, i had enough luck on my side to get the box on the ground and in to place as a storage unit.
    next i removed the back of the frame and set the tilt deck from the Screaming Ford on to the bread truck to see what it looks like. i now have to "whip up" a 5 foot deck for behind the cab.
    not sure of the year of the truck and it says it was built in dec 1982 and the motor will not idle very well with a week #1 injector plus it needs a sniff of ether to get it started when i stall it.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

Attached Files:

2. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

I was expecting to see a step van with the back hacked off with a chain saw LOL!! That's what they use for bread trucks down here!

3. King of Obsolete

marketing my life style
    they also do school buses in the south that way too. the joys of the internet i get to see the world through my computer screen.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

4. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Heck I was expecting a gas grill and hot tub on that thing!

5. King of Obsolete

marketing my life style
    not yet, we only get 5 hot days a year, we still have about 4 feet of ice on the lakes right now, lol.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author