• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ice Dozer

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yeah, I'd probably buy it if we had enough ice. :D
Don't know how well it works but it looks pretty......um......Nifty.....can I still use that word....

Heres the site.

Ice Dozer.jpg

Ice Dozer 2.jpg

biggixxerjim

Good work my friend!!!!!:drinkup

Now all you have to make is fake motor and back alarm sounds while using it.

Countryboy

Occupation
Good work my friend!!!!!:drinkup

Now all you have to make is fake motor and back alarm sounds while using it.

An enclosed cab with heater to keep your hand warm would be nice. :yup

Countryboy

Occupation
:laugh I don't think the color is going to matter.

The question is which one scrapes the ice better with the most productivity.....hi-track or oval track. :D

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Damit, I though there was going to be a pic of ice sculpture that was a dozer by the name of the thread. What the heck would you want something that fancy to scrape ice for anyways, that much ice means it's time to go back to bed?

Lashlander

OOOOOHHHH, thats sweet, look at the classic lines on those babies. Set up for a two handed grip!:thumbsup

biggixxerjim

Damit, I though there was going to be a pic of ice sculpture that was a dozer by the name of the thread. What the heck would you want something that fancy to scrape ice for anyways, that much ice means it's time to go back to bed?

Maybe in SoCal....

Countryboy

Occupation
Oh, no, I've got that covered, too: when I was little, I would make truck [engine] sounds while riding my bike (now I talk to myself). One day, I rode into the back of an Explorer. :D

:laugh

Why didn't you put a Coke can on the tire for the engine sounds so you could pay attention where you were going? :D

Jeff D.

Why didn't you put a Coke can on the tire for the engine sounds so you could pay attention where you were going? :D
I used playing cards with clothespins to hold them too the bike frame. At first just one or two cards, but it didn't take long too have as many cards as would possibly fit, and still touch the spokes.:p

I've never heard of using a coke can. How'd that work?

Countryboy

Occupation
I used playing cards with clothespins to hold them too the bike frame. At first just one or two cards, but it didn't take long too have as many cards as would possibly fit, and still touch the spokes.:p

I've never heard of using a coke can. How'd that work?

You lay the can perpendicular to the tire and run it over dead center. The collapsing can will grab hold of the tire and ride up until it contacted the A frame where it would end up staying. The Frame would hold it in place while the tire spun through it. It sounded more like a Jake Brake than an engine though. The tires with the big side grips worked better. :bouncegri

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer

Because I'm a Pepsi guy? :slomo

Hadn't thought of that. Though it'd just make a weird kid even weirder, so what the hey...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You lay the can perpendicular to the tire and run it over dead center. The collapsing can will grab hold of the tire and ride up until it contacted the A frame where it would end up staying. The Frame would hold it in place while the tire spun through it. It sounded more like a Jake Brake than an engine though. The tires with the big side grips worked better. :bouncegri

I did the same thing as a kid except I used a beer can.:D :drinkup

Lashlander

Why would any manufacturer in their right mind produce a high track anything after all the convincing arguments that they're junk???:avid :angel

I haven't figured that one out either. I'm trying to convince the owners of getting rid of our 10N. I'm afraid to get it off level ground now. I didn't know it would roll over and bail tracks. It amazes me what you can learn if you just shut up and read.:wink2

These Ice Dozers have lost their appeal to me now that tiger let out what color the really were.:(

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I haven't figured that one out either. I'm trying to convince the owners of getting rid of our 10N. I'm afraid to get it off level ground now. I didn't know it would roll over and bail tracks. It amazes me what you can learn if you just shut up and read.:wink2

These Ice Dozers have lost their appeal to me now that tiger let out what color the really were.:(

This report just in - Cat hi-tracks are junk. Disregard all past operational experience. Must immediately dispose of all high-tracks due to safety issues. The dozers as we speak are bailing tracks by themselves and rolling over so the hoes can scratch their bellies. Stay tuned for more vital safety information.

This news report brought to you by Komatsu America.