• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flat Thunder Channel

Digging into all these cylinders the old fashion way. Take apart, measure, guess on seal type and order. Currently have these three seals in quotation. I hope I guessed right..... The circle clip almost tricked me. As always it's a messy pile of parts when I tear into hydraulics

PXL_20220826_044038175.MP.jpg

PXL_20220826_041102897.jpg

PXL_20220826_044918839.jpg

LSV2403

Digging into all these cylinders the old fashion way. Take apart, measure, guess on seal type and order. Currently have these three seals in quotation. I hope I guessed right..... The circle clip almost tricked me. As always it's a messy pile of parts when I tear into hydraulics

View attachment 266872

View attachment 266871

View attachment 266873
looks like a lot of work. The cylinder on our H30 is also leaking, but for our purposes it is always enough to counteract something so that the fork does not drop.

James Capo

Is there any way someone can email me these manuals? My email is ccapo10@hotmail.com. My boss just purchased one of these. I can’t find the year or anything about it but I know it’s a space saver 30. It has the pedal hydra stat transmission and it won’t move. Need to figure out how this pedal works because I don’t think it’s working correctly. Thank you

icestationzebra

The newer units have the SN stamped into the frame in addition to the plate, but I don't know if the old ones do.
H would be a pneumatic tire, but you have a cushion tire so it is an S. I attached the model timeline 1941 thru 98.
Assuming it is pre-1989 the mast should have a number stamped in the RH outer rail, roughly mid-height.
Have fun, ISZ

Attachments

• Hyster 1941to74.jpg
    Hyster 1941to74.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Hyster 1975to98.jpg
    Hyster 1975to98.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Is there any way someone can email me these manuals? My email is ccapo10@hotmail.com. My boss just purchased one of these. I can’t find the year or anything about it but I know it’s a space saver 30. It has the pedal hydra stat transmission and it won’t move. Need to figure out how this pedal works because I don’t think it’s working correctly. Thank you
If you can find the sn and take some pictures of the machine with also control set up we might be able to identify it .

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
If you find a decent seal supplier, they should be able to machine up new seals out of urethane to match the dimensions of your old seals/housings.

I helped a buddy rebuild his old (1956) Clark AY-40 forklift about 10 years ago. The original factory seals we pulled out, were leather buckets!

GManBart

Occupation
Work for the Citizens of the U.S.!
Hi all. Just obtained my first lift. Hyster challenger 30. Curious if anyone would still be around with those manuals?

Scastner1977@gmail.com
I was just given a YE40 and couldn't find anybody giving out free manuals. I went with the Jensales version so I could have both .pdf and printed.

Hydraulic fluid is ISO32...total system capacity is listed as 7 gallons. I actually drained the hydraulic tank on mine yesterday and it took just under 5 gallons to refill. I'm assuming the other two gallons are in the lines, cylinders, pump, etc.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
I am not for sure, but I think you might be correct. I don't think the manual I received is for my specific model. Any ideas where to look for a name plate? Thanks
HYSTER.stamped on top right side where counterweght meets frame.