• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydro system clean outs? A waste? Filtration? Options?

fastline

Is that the same Bob that use to work on old Cats and knows them like the back of their hand?

Welder Dave

In a word, no! I think you are thinking of Bob/Ont who passed away a couple years ago. Extremely knowledgeable, very well liked, always polite and very missed on this forum. Definitely not the same Bob.

Bluox

Is that the same Bob that use to work on old Cats and knows them like the back of their hand?
Different Bob been working on Cats for 50 years. If you PM me your phone # I would talk about your problems.
Bob

fastline

Dave, thanks for that! And DAMNIT!!! He is the second guy to leave a serious mark on me. I am in machining and learned about high precision bearings from a former SKF engineer. Then he left this world. I feel like these guys, in their last years, try to leave some of their wealth of knowledge before they leave.

Bluox, I appreciate it! Certainly will do that as I like to keep the channels open. If you have been in this 50yrs, you know these 7s!

Volvomad

I know nout about these dozers but have often cleaned out ag tractor transmissions by filling with cheap or s/h oil ,run a little at first ,drain warm/hot (dont get burned) into a barrel ,leave over night or longer in the barrel ,tilted away from barrel pump side ,check screens , magnets (change filters pend )pump the same oil back in ,keep the pump well up from the barrel bottom and pump the same oil back in ,leaving behind the last few gallons ,topping up with other oil . Work a bit longer next time and repeat