1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hydraulic system explained

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by H621, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:35 AM.

1. H621

H621 Member

I'm wanting to learn basic and detailed components and functions of hydraulic system on equipment. Does anyone have any good references for books or articles?

2. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

What are you working on? Vickers Industrial Hydraulics Manual is good, but focused a little more towards industrial, still a good foundation. If you're working on JD, then they have a good hydraulics manual, I'd bet Cat would have something similar and I'd want that. If you have an open center machine, then any basic manual should cover it.

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    If I remember right, and that's a big if, Deere had a whole series of books called Fundamentals of Service. The series covered most aspects of equipment: electrical, hydraulics, engines and transmissions. There are some knowledgable Deere people here that can confirm or deny how good my memory is. Where about in the Cascades are you?

mg2361 likes this.
  4. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks
    That Vickers Industrial hydraulic book is great. Their Mobile hydraulic book is also great. I used it when I taught hydraulics.

Tim Dell wrote a great text, recently. (The publisher paid me to review it). I would adopt it, if I was teaching again

84ADACAC-5253-4F66-B413-87F1778A4644.jpeg

5. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Yes they did. Those courses are all done on-line now. I'll have to do some digging to see if they still publish those.

John C. likes this.
  6. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician