• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Howdy Fella's...

Water-N-Mine

I just recently found the site in an issue of an equipment magazine. It looked like there was alot of information here. happy to be on board.:drinkup
I was born into equipment operation and have been doing it professionally for almost 15 years, since I got out of High School.
In the past, I have operated just about everything out there from small angle blades to large push dozers, small excavators (utility work) to large 450 excavators (loading trucks),Track loaders, Wheel Loaders, Vermeer large "rock" trenchers, Site Trucks, trenching work as well as finish grade work. I have only worked for 4 outfits in that 15 years.
I am currently an Full time operator for a small water district. (about 8,000 taps) Where I have been employed for almost 6 years. We have a '94 310D and an '07 310SG. I love my job and will be there until I die or retire which ever comes first. You really can't beat a government job. :usa I primarily do matinance on the system (ie. leak repair, upgrades, service taps). Over the years, I have developed the respect of my crew and we all get along great!
I also work part time (almost a second full time job) at a gravel mine. Where I run a Volvo 220 LE and a 450 JD excavator. My duties there include feeding the plant with Raw material (until dark), stock piling finished material, replentishing the reserve next to the feeder and stock piling Raw for the next day.I have always enjoyed operating the large equipment. This job is something I really enjoy doing and I have it pretty good. Most of the time, I am out there by myself, radio on, work as many and as late of hours as I want. I often work Saturdays and Sundays during the summer. It's nice after a day of diggin around utilities to go out there and relax, just doing what I like to do. I guess you could say I have the best of both worlds.
When the fall gets here I am using up my vaction time Hunting! if it moves I hunt it...So This job is all MAD money, my wife understands that I only do it to pay for my trips and she doesnt ever say a word about me working 12-16 hours a day to do what I really love to do.
Look forward to being a part of the board... even an old dog is apt to find new tricks! Thanks :cool2

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Water-N-Mine! :drinkup