• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Safe Is This???

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Being on flat ground is all they did right and that was an accident, not good planning.

EDIT If you want to abuse your equipment I won't stop you, but I saw multiple things that could have killed the bystanders (machine falling off, chain snapping)

Last edited:

jhill

More potential candidates for the Darwin awards.

I saw a guy at an auction one day trying to load a Hein Werner Excavator onto a 5th wheel trailer behind a 3/4 ton pickup. The excavator was a pretty good sized one probably 20,000 lbs No blocking under the back of the trailer he lifted the back wheels of the pickup a good 3 ft off the ground. people standing all around. I made sure I was a long ways away.

jimmyjack

you notice the shiney sliver cans people were holding:drinkup ,if your there helping thats one thing but if you are going to stand there with your hands in your pockets that dont stand SO CLOSE

atgreene

It's morons like these that ensure that I will always have work in the fire and EMS field.

I don't suppose anyone thought to trig the trailer wheels, block the rear, bring a real truck to haul the trailer or maybe even back the loader on?

Some people shouldn't be allowed near equipment.:pointhead

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
A bunch of morons :confused:

I'am surprised nothing dangerous happened or somebody got injured.

The music they have for the video clip should explain the mentality of the people trying to load the machine.

wrenchbender

Beer & Idiots

That was some awfull noise for a minute I thought CB was in some kinda pain. But really this just proves that teenagers and beer don't mix very well. The tractor was sick and couldn't make it up the ramps under it's own power. Trailer wasn't chocked thus the ramps started folding when the trailer rolled foward. Idiots everywhere not one responsible adult in the bunch these guys should thank God no one was hurt. But they got lucky now they'll think that they are good at this untill IT happens. And the response will be we always did it this way.

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
That is rediculous.It is amazing no one lost a limb or worse.Not one person there had half a brain enough to do even one thing they should have before loading any equipment.

atgreene

I think the chain was hooked to the tongue of the trailer and he was lifting the bucket to pull tension to pull himself on. Not that I haven't done some crazy similar things, but I was alone and noone but me stood to get hurt.:pointhead

srs_mn

Occupation
retired dirt guy
That trailer looks like it's a little big for that bumper hitch on the pickup truck to me... I see dumbasses hauling like that on the highway all the time - it's a miracle that more people don't get killed by them.
srs/mn

580bruce

Its a wounder we all have not been killed.If you say you have done everything right ,every time-- you are not being real.

dayexco

looked like a pintle hitch by the vid. be hard for it to release, just hope it was not strictly bumper mount, went thru bumper and attached to frame somehow....but if that dude had taken atgreene's advice...he wouldn't have any probs

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB ! YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH~!:Banghead
IF YOUR LUCKY IT ONLY HURTS TIL THE PAIN GOES AWAY!

wrenchbender

Is that on a class III Reese hitch or just the bumper? I think this pic might convert Countryboy into a Dodge fan. Look it ain't even squatting but as the old Dodge commercials used to say (Looks like you in a heap'o trouble boy) is an under statment here. Anyway very cool pic.:thumbsup