• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How many people in here are?

Reuben

I was a volunteer fireman for many years and now hold a life membership, although I haven't been in the firehall for years. I was a volunteer EMT for 10 years (started back in a971), then let it go for 10 years. A buddy and I decided to take the challenge test(with a quick refresher course first) and we were both EMTs again. 10 more years and I let it go in 2002.......

Most enjoyable was being a volunteer in Civil Air Patrol (well some of it was enjoyable, anyway). I learned to fly and got some good flying in, met Digger242 there, and remain close friends. Thats probably the best part, short of the feeling that a volunteer gets when he really makes a positive mark on someones life........

:usa

As soon as I finish my hours I will be the 5th generation on my dads side of the fam to be a pilot. MY great grandpa was a barn stormer

PipeGuy

I was a volly for 8 years then moved out of the district. I have been on swiftwater/dive team for about 12 years.

nedly05

Volly here, FF/EMT 3rd Asst. Chief, went through the Fire Academy in FL, so I have the qualifications to work as a FF in FL if I got my EMT there I would be eligible to test most places.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Vol FF for 6 years now, 60 member dept. 8 trucks operating out of one station. Ave call total per year is around 80. Have loved every min of it and look forward to more.!!

Trbo

bstiles

Occupation
Heavy equipment field mechanic
Volly for 10 years and part time paid for 6. I hold FF2, EMT-B, Inspector, ATO, Instructor, Investigator, Hazmat Tech, and Rope rescue tech.

My fulltime job is a field service mechanic

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was a volunteer for 11 years, i was Safety Officer for 2 years and 1st Assistant Chief for the last 3.5 years. Got tired of the BS and time away from family, started to effect me financially too with all the meetings with surrounding towns, town board meetings and county meetings. Too much political back stabbing, in house bickering and i didnt volunteer my wallet when i joined up. I take my hat off to those who still do it and i fully support all Firefighters and EMT personel.

nedly05

I was a volunteer for 11 years, i was Safety Officer for 2 years and 1st Assistant Chief for the last 3.5 years. Got tired of the BS and time away from family, started to effect me financially too with all the meetings with surrounding towns, town board meetings and county meetings. Too much political back stabbing, in house bickering and i didnt volunteer my wallet when i joined up. I take my hat off to those who still do it and i fully support all Firefighters and EMT personel.

Well said, I almost walked away this spring for just these reasons, espescially the political back stabbing, it's amazing what you have to deal with to volunteer your time to help people, I like being an officer, but the BS gets worse the further you progress in the ranks.....

antnyk

Volunteer dept here. I have been on for about 9 years and LT. for the last two. We do about 125 calls per year. We see mostly auto alarms, with the occasionally car accident or car fire. We see structure fires about once a year, but mostly through mutual aid.

82 Mack pumper

92 Mack pumper

2003 pierce pumper (great truck, even though I like Macks)

2001 F550 brush truck with a service body

IH270A

volunteer
chief of drycreek fire st. bpvfd # 3

spend most of my time on scene running pumps , leave all the entry making to the younger ones ..... webpage ... http://bpvfd3.org .. my son who wanted to become a jr. about 6 years ago could only become involved in the exicersises if I was also a member , so I joined for him , now he just turned 18 , and has many more certifications than I do , and is going to start his ff2 as soon as he graduates , and willl try to persue that carreer .. " what we do for our kids "

Bartlanz

Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I was a FF, First responder, hazmat responder for 6 years, and my life, body and other things dictated that it was time for me to give it up. i miss it and you cant beat FF's as a group of people

Boophoenix

Looks like a patern of people who like playing with iron and fire both!!

I did around 4 years VFD when I was younger. Loved it! Being a rural area I wasn't part of the social group and a few of the officer judged me by the company I kept so ended up leaving about a year before the chief of 35 years did.