• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How many people in here are?

cat300

Firefighters?

Either volunteer or have done/ still are firefighters?

I'm just wondering because i am one my self.

and if u are one where at if u dont mind me askin. I would make a poll but dont know how to.

im from
cecil vfd #3
station 10

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I have been a Volunteer Fire Fighter for 9 years now. I am also a First Responder on the Rescue team. :usa

You might also find interest in this thread. :thumbsup

littledenny

Occupation
Owner, 2Vets, LLC
Volunteer Firefighter, First Responder, Certified Emergency Manager, Swiftwater Rescue Tech, Chief of the SAR Team. Most fun I've had since I retired from the Army. Started all this training at the age of 50.

Was in the boards a bit ago, then called out for a brush fire, literally just got back.

surfer-joe

I worked around many fires as a paid employee or volunteer when I was younger. But I don't care to do it today as have found that I'm allergic to wood smoke.

Truckie

Volunteer firefighter for 7 years now and a first responder for 4 years now.
Just wish I had more time do volunteer and be as involved as I once was, but work has been booming so that is where I spend my time.

donlang

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner- full service excavating firm
Volunteerism

I was a volunteer fireman for many years and now hold a life membership, although I haven't been in the firehall for years. I was a volunteer EMT for 10 years (started back in a971), then let it go for 10 years. A buddy and I decided to take the challenge test(with a quick refresher course first) and we were both EMTs again. 10 more years and I let it go in 2002.......

Most enjoyable was being a volunteer in Civil Air Patrol (well some of it was enjoyable, anyway). I learned to fly and got some good flying in, met Digger242 there, and remain close friends. Thats probably the best part, short of the feeling that a volunteer gets when he really makes a positive mark on someones life........

:usa

cat300

i have been one for like a yr and a half. I love it, theres no other feeling in the world. Its such a rush running into a burning building, not knowing what your going into if theres ppl in there. i dont know about me but i get a satisfaction knowing i helped save someones life, when they needed help at the most. i dont know exactly how to put that but im sure you guys sorta catch my drift? i love it just as much as machines:D .

If i dont do escavating as a career i wana be a fireman.

SICKBOY

Occupation
FITTER/ RETIRED CAREER F/F
Career Retired

WORKED FOR 15 YEARS IN CHESTER CITY:Banghead {A LITTLE GHETTO JUST SOUTH OF PHILLY} HIRED WHEN I WAS 18 OUT WHEN I WAS 33.. LOOKED INTO VOLLYING AT MY LOCAL STATION .. TOO MANY CLICKS POLITICS AND JUST STRAIGHT UP B.S.

Countryboy

Occupation
WORKED FOR 15 YEARS IN CHESTER CITY:Banghead {A LITTLE GHETTO JUST SOUTH OF PHILLY} HIRED WHEN I WAS 18 OUT WHEN I WAS 33.. LOOKED INTO VOLLYING AT MY LOCAL STATION .. TOO MANY CLICKS POLITICS AND JUST STRAIGHT UP B.S.

You being a new member, this is an FYI.....posting in all caps is not
allowed. :wink2

You being in the Fire Dept for 15 years......I congradulate you. :usa

Deas Plant

Has-been Volunteer Firefighter.

Hi, Folks.
I was a volunteer firefighter for a rural fire brigade South Of Newcastle, New South Wales, DownUnder, for 6 years from 1986 - 1993, 3 of those as a deputy captain. I gave it up when I moved from there interstate to an area where I was too far from a fire station to be able to respond to first call fire calls. Different work circumstances played a part in that choice too.

All members of rural (Bush) fire brigades in New South Wales at that time were unpaid volunteers and I think they are still unpaid.

A BIG CountryBoy cheer to all those who have served or are still serving.

Countryboy

Occupation
1st Warning...YEEHAW is in all caps...not acceptable...:drinkup :D :wink2

Posting in all caps is considered yelling, when typing. In this case I was yelling.....at the top of my lungs for that matter. :cool2 :D