• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how do you get this hydraulic motor off?

cam36

Trying to take the motor off the backside of the final drive on a 1993 LS2700C2 Link Belt excavator. I took out all the big allen head screw bolts and got the housing separated from the final drive just a hair but can't get it any farther.

Attachments

• 20190920_090635.jpg
    20190920_090635.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 52

jonno634

Occupation
Farmer
Just a thought, do you need to pull the cover on the other side and remove a keeper or something on the sun gear? I do not really know the answer, but that would be a guess.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I believe you have to break the track and pull the final drive completely out of the track frame. Then you can stand the final drive up so the motor can be lifted out vertically. I don't recall any snap rings on those but it has been more than twenty years since I've worked on a Link-Belt.