• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How and Why?? One beat up machine.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I had a guy moving dirt away from a building one time. The windrow was piled so that the backhoe was pushing into the end of the windrow toward my barn. The windrow was piled away from the barn for obvious reasons.

The barn has a 4' knee wall, 2x6 stud wall on top of that, and sheeted with steel.

I don't need to tell you what i found when he was done. As the pile got smaller and there was less and less dirt to push into to fill the bucket, he used the barn wall to back up the dirt!!!! I went out there to find the concrete was sheared off, the stud wall pushed off the top of the wall, and the sheet metal all torn to ribbons.

He didn't think anything of it. Its as close as i have ever come to breaking someones jaw. He was gone immediately.

andy2794

electrical problems Case 9020B

I have a 1998 Case 9020B with approx 7500 hours. When I purchased the machine is had an electrical problem. As soon as you turn the key to the on position it would blow the fuse. I tested all the wires and the red wire, accessory, had a dead short. I disconnected the wire and it did not blow the fuse. When I purchased the machine I had to jump the starter with a screw driver to start it. When I disconnected the red wire I could start it with the key, but have no display on the instrument panel. The previous owner would use a jumper wire from the hot side of the battery to the battery relay and sometimes the instrument panel would light up and sometimes it would not but you could still operate the machine. I proceeded to search the short in the red wire. I traced it to the 1st connector behind the seat, pulled the plug apart and the red wire was good to there. From the connector the red wire from the key goes to a red wire with a yellow stripe. If you trace the wiring diagram this wire goes to many places. I started to disconnect each one, one at a time. I disconnected the wires at the alternator, still blew the fuse. Disconnected the wires at the battery relay, still blew the fuse.
I am not an electrician and not particularly familiar with Case. Any suggestions?

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
here's a hyndai with a bent boom :D

Pj

Attachments

• excavator.gif
    excavator.gif
    66.6 KB · Views: 521

Deereboy

I would like to have another pic of that boom.Looking at it quick i wouldn't have looked twice.As far as the bend goes....i seen a brand new one fall off a slippy float and bend/twist that boom .It was a shame to see that fresh paint pop off that steel.Friday afternoon stuff ya know.....I also seen a person levelling ground in cold conditions break the boom/stick pin when moving rocks sideways.It is too bad about that Case machine though....if not for that boom,and a little paint on the counterweight, it could be in my backyard.

andy2794

Case 9020B electrical problems

I have a 1998 Case 9020B with approx 7500 hours. When I purchased the machine is had an electrical problem. As soon as you turn the key to the on position it would blow the fuse. I tested all the wires and the red wire, accessory, had a dead short. I disconnected the wire and it did not blow the fuse. When I purchased the machine I had to jump the starter with a screw driver to start it. When I disconnected the red wire I could start it with the key, but have no display on the instrument panel. The previous owner would use a jumper wire from the hot side of the battery to the battery relay and sometimes the instrument panel would light up and sometimes it would not but you could still operate the machine. I proceeded to search the short in the red wire. I traced it to the 1st connector behind the seat, pulled the plug apart and the red wire was good to there. From the connector the red wire from the key goes to a red wire with a yellow stripe. If you trace the wiring diagram this wire goes to many places. I started to disconnect each one, one at a time. I disconnected the wires at the alternator, still blew the fuse. Disconnected the wires at the battery relay, still blew the fuse.

I am not an electrician and not particularly familiar with Case. What would you suggest next?

Deereboy

PJ, was there another pic of that Hyndai after being pulled out? They must make them clylinders and pins some strong as the lift one i can see seems intact.Anyone else glad that they were too busy that day to go to the job he was going to do...........That poor float to.It would be better to get out of the truck after and start talking to birds......

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Andy2794 post elsewhere to get you 3rd post then you can start a thread of your own .

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Don't think your Boom Cyl's hung in there lol.

was doing a little reading and they said it was only $135k to the bridge, I still dont believe it though, I would figure closer to 3Mill :beatsme and I hope I never have to find out :eek:

Pj

Attachments

• Excavator delivers bridge.jpg
    Excavator delivers bridge.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 488
  • Excavator delivers bridge3.jpg
    Excavator delivers bridge3.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 514
  • Excavator delivers bridge2.jpg
    Excavator delivers bridge2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 481

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I wonder what happened to the lowboy driver?

andy2794

1998 Case 9020B electrical problems

I am not an electrician and not particularly familiar with Case. What would you suggest next?