• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough 50 C - I maybe crazy!

Batkom

Yes, so I can tell when the bottom of the bucket is parallel with the ground.
works good, used it this weekend while cleaning up some property loading 15 yards or so of dirt.
Bummer thing though - punched something - probably a nail thru one of my new tires!
I had also ripped out the remains of a wood fence with the excavator and hauled it off - but there were still a few boards laying around, must have had nails in at least one of them.
I will have to remind my self when running the loader that rubber tires are not invincible!

Batkom

Think mine may have had auto bucket level at one point. There were some brackets on the bucket cylinder that had whatever was attached torched off.

mountainguyed67

I’ve done alright getting the bucket level by dropping the lift cylinders all the way, with the tilt already back. Then tilting down until it starts to lift the machine, and come back a tad.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
On the old Allis machines was called return to dig. Had detent on the control spools to latch up and as reached the point of dig effort would spool off.

Batkom

5696D0C4-D26F-458E-A771-23592B053AB9.jpeg
This is what I was looking at when I built it.
Painted. Red line around the cylinder where the buckets parallel to the ground.
After dumping, while backing up I run the bucket back to the line and then lower the boom as soon as I am clear.

Welder Dave

Some machines had just an indicator but most had a detent that could be adjusted to level the bucket how you wanted it (return to dig). Some machines also have an adjustable lift height kick out. If you were loading the same thing all the time, it makes it foolproof. Lift till it kick's out and you're good.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
One of the older guys here when I started working for the company, he's passed away now, they bought him a new 966F, the last good Cat loader we ever had, we're up to M now and the experience hasn't been good. It had the bucket kick out. He got the guys to build him an indicator because he liked to know where the bucket floor was.