• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hough 30-B

Reddawg442

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a rim for a hough 30-B payloader. I recently bought a hough 30-B and was inflating a low tire, before I could get up to pressure the rims separated/blew apart. The split rig on the inside was blown off and it appears that one half of the rim has rusted so badly inside that there was nothing for the split rim to hold onto, or so it seems. I have no experience with this type of rim so any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You will at the very least need the tire size that was mounted on that wheel.

What you experienced is the very real danger of old split rim wheels. There have been more that a few people maimed and killed when those came apart just putting air in them. A locking air chuck and a remote plumbed valve so that you can stand away from the wheel and tire as it is filling is a necessity.

Reddawg442

Thanks for the reply John, I currently live in east Tennessee But I grew up in a little town called creswell in Oregon and was in the logging community for years (operating heavy equipment and driving trucks) so I'm familiar with the standard three piece split rims and I'm aware of the dangers, to be honest they scare the crap out of me because I've seen the results of doing it wrong, I've known people who have lost body parts. Any time we had tire problems the truck shop always took care of it, I remember seeing a split rim ring stuck into the ceiling of the shop. This was back when tire cages weren't as common as today. But these rims seem different from what I remember, (I've never actually broke one down myself) Perhaps it's the "CRS" catching up with me as I'm no spring chicken anymore. Anyway, The problem I'm facing is finding a replacement rim. I've found tires and rims for the bigger Houghs but there doesn't seem to be very much information on the smaller Houghs. If anyone out there could point me in the right direction I'd certainly appreciate it.
Bob

Reddawg442

By the way, the tire size is 13.00-24TG. The rim is 12 lug. the other tires has this information on them ( 8.00 TG Rim, SCD Grader Rim. Drop center rim.
I hope this helps. thanks.