• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi excavator ex

topcat

so far

dash 3.jpgDATAn2.jpgdash 2.jpgSn851023.jpgOk mate I hope these shots come out tightened alternator belts, washed out radiator & oil cooler cores ajusted throtel control to get Max revs freed electrical wire under floor plate no change in conrtols responce just faster & cooler .

topcat

Ok further examination on control handels reveales lots of slack in the pilot control valves under the rubber boots I am going to look into that today & see if I can take out the slack so there is not much free travel as you move the controls about if it cant be ajusted out I will go to plan B & find my own fix as its hard to blend the movements for smooth opperation with all this slack
I am also looking into the limit switches on boom & dipper arms the wireing looks bodgey I will see if there is a circuit through the system & that the switches still function then trace it back to the controls
I will report back .
all fuses are intact but still no LEDs on the dashboard lighting up still looking for that problem may have to photograph the signs & run it through a translater of some sort ? to see what it all means ??
TC

topcat

OK removed a little play from controls improved by 75% to the touch removed & cleaned & dryed out the dipper monitor sensor that wa full of water & rust & its working on its closing limit & now the alarm is also sounding may just need repsitioning for the other end of it travel .
Removed the battery turminals as I was doing the job as there is no disconect switch on this machine that I have found so some things may have reset .
Learning as we work every day we fix or ajust something thats bugging me.
TC

topcat

OK i put a meter across the 3 wire sensor on the dipper arm & got no reading that made sence but when I cleaned & re mounted the thin & it started to work with the boom raised to its limit that worked again to & the travel of that function has a soft stop that now works .
Folding the dipper brings the bucket close to the cab & the last part also has this slow but out stop & alarm buzzer now working as with with the bulk buckett on you could fill your lap with spoil real easy if you got into that spot .
I figure these sensors are ruggered electronic devices & are just in need of ajustment to cover each end of their working range I will attack this next work day & see if the dipper extension limit will also work as this end gets lots of work reaching out as one dose on these small machines .
I will get back to you next week .
TC

jaytech

topcat i lost dash lights on my ex120. turned out not to be the fuse but the fuse holder. it was rusty and one of the pinch prongs had broken off.
hope this helps. jay

topcat

thanks Jaytech as you can see the dash is suffering from exposure but the fuse box is sheltered from most of that I am just plucking up the courage to pull the screws & take a peek under there , its on the gunna list mate thanks for your time .TC

Jackson

Seems like there are quite a few of us that have a grey market machine. Some have manualds writen in Japanese. I have an EX60URG. Can anyone point me(us)to a source for manuals(English please). My problem started when I inadvertently put the two 12V batteries in- reversed-I think. I had written down a diagram but lost it so I installed them using my obviously unreliable memory. I set them in series, which I think was correct, giving 24V, but may have the polarity wrong. I had it as a positive ground. As I recall nothing worked so I rechecked, that's when I found the polarity problem, and reinstalled with negative ground. Now when I try to start it all the lights on the operator panel come on and the guages all seem to work but the starter never comes on. At the very least I need a wiring diagram. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jackson

Seems like I should have proof read my post. Sorry about the spelling errors. I really can read and write in English.....

Jackson

Re my post on my Hitachi EX60URG: It just occurred to me that maybe I don't have an electrical problem. This is a new machine for me; my first excavator actually. And its essentially the first time I've used it. Maybe I don't know how to start it. Is there something other than the ignition switch that has to be done? I know some machines have interlocks or safety related features that prevent starting. Am I missing something obvious?
One other question for all you smart, experienced, and, did I mention good looking, experts.
What the heck does the URG stand for???

grizzssly

hopefully a easy question, i have a ex55ur with the nissan td23 motor, and need to no what oil filer it takes, cant read the jap writing on it, and no i dont want to learn it either, as i saw in a different post, and how much oil it will hold, thanks

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
grizzssly
The oil filter is a B2 Baldwin .Other filters Replaces: Allis Chalmers 7023700-0; Case A146696; Ford B7A-6714-A, C9NN-6714-A

Last edited:

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
hse are the filters for the ex55ur
Lube B2 (L4278859)
Pilot Hyd. PT8392 (4294135)
Return Hyd. P7264 (4294132)
Fuel Spin-on BF7841 (4178829)
Fuel BF932 (4339926)
O. Air PA3820-FN (4294846)
Opt. I. Air PA2861 (4311871)

topcat

The engine in our machine I believe is Izusi diesel enough power to do the job & good on diesel .
Lifted the dash & found another in line fuse 30 amp blown bridged it out for the time being I will replace it this week ajusted the boom stop sensor beter but needs fine tuning on the extending limit .
Still no led's on the dash & the smal LCD display that is half blank has the leters H/S/L that are displayed on the working half can be moved by pushing the buton under it but dont seem to change anything in the controls .
I am thinking that this stuff is for an aircon cab model & not our open machine as there are lots of empty plugs under the seat may be to work a cab heater /AC system .
Machine works great just not smooth & hydraulics dont feel any change when I change dash settings as I cant read what all that gobbly gook signs mean as Yet may have to take pictures & go & see the local ethnick help mob someone may read it for me .
TC

Jackson

I have an EX60URG and found an operator's manual on the John Deere site. The same manual covers the 55 I think. Cost about $30 US. Covers all the basic stuff. The only problem with it is that it seems to be for the current version of the machine-mine is an older unit-and the locations of many things are different. And I don't know what the URG or your UR stand for. There may be differences there as well. In any case-its the only Operator's Manual I've located.

topcat

OK track tension everyone has their own idea as to how tight rubber thacks should be I just broke one on flat ground no crap in the track just snapped .
I would say it has jumped the sprocket teeth as all the running gear is free & clean any refrence as to how much sag is the corect on the top run .
I will look into the track slack ajuster gear there should be some sort of shock spring i would think in the system ???
TC

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
topcat how are you? Well Itighten mine to 3/8 inch slack ,lift machine off ground pump tracks till only 3/8clearance off of bottom track roller Never had ant problems.I check my track tenison weekly,should check more,.What kind of tracks did you have? good luck

topcat

Thanks Yanmaran when the new track arrives that will be what I will aim for the slack ajusters need new grease nipples fitting so there is no loss of presure from my small grease gun its a high presure gun with small volume per stroke got to get a bigger one for this job will free up the front idler to make shure it is all working as it should while I have it of line .
thanks for your time TC