• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Excavator Dash 5 Service Menu

Irontech

Worked for dealer a few years ago and have access to service menu for dash 3 but does anyone know how to get into the dash 5's or Deere G-series. I was into one a few months ago and I thought you had to hold down the zero when you turn the key on but can anyone confirm this? Going out to the unit once I confirm. Thanks.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Irontech;)! Turn key on and let the monitor power up. Then press and hold #9 and then press the monitor dial. Release both. Now you should be in the service menu. Just turn the monitor dial until you see service menu (should be at the bottom when scrolling.

Irontech

Thank you very much, not sure why I have waited so long to sign up to this resource. Cheers.

D6RCHRIS

Hello I’m just wondering how you get into the service menu on a -3 can anyone help cheers

Irontech

Hope someone else chimes in to confirm as it's been a few years but you hold down one of the unidentified buttons on the monitor as you turn on the key. This will make a service menu available on the monitor that you can enter into.