1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hitachi Excavator Dash 5 Service Menu

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Irontech, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Irontech

Irontech New Member

Worked for dealer a few years ago and have access to service menu for dash 3 but does anyone know how to get into the dash 5's or Deere G-series. I was into one a few months ago and I thought you had to hold down the zero when you turn the key on but can anyone confirm this? Going out to the unit once I confirm. Thanks.

2. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF Irontech;)! Turn key on and let the monitor power up. Then press and hold #9 and then press the monitor dial. Release both. Now you should be in the service menu. Just turn the monitor dial until you see service menu (should be at the bottom when scrolling.

Mark250 likes this.
  3. Irontech

Irontech New Member

Thank you very much, not sure why I have waited so long to sign up to this resource. Cheers.

4. Irontech

Irontech New Member

Returned to the machine and was able to enter service menu, thanks!

mg2361, John Canfield and Mark250 like this.
  5. D6RCHRIS

D6RCHRIS New Member

Hello I’m just wondering how you get into the service menu on a -3 can anyone help cheers

6. Irontech

Irontech New Member

Hope someone else chimes in to confirm as it's been a few years but you hold down one of the unidentified buttons on the monitor as you turn on the key. This will make a service menu available on the monitor that you can enter into.

7. D6RCHRIS

D6RCHRIS New Member