• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Diagnostics

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I'm looking at more Hitachi excavators now days and was wondering if anyone knows if and how one can access the diagnostics on the computer monitor. When the ZX machines first hit the shores here I had access to a book for just a little bit which showed that it could be done on the machine I was working on. I didn't have a way to copy it down and the book was no longer available after the machine left. Is it possible that it can be accessed on later machines?

Thanks

John C.

Occupation
I don't need all the info, only the diagnostic codes. As I recall there is a certain way to press the monitor buttons to brings any codes up.

excavator

The service manuals all show how it's done. If you don't have a manual I might be able to figure out how to e-mail it to you. Send me a PM if you need it.

jey_c

I will try to send you some hints by mail or PM. By the way is there any similar techniques for volvo excavator B or C series, Thanks

Monrad

Occupation
Monrad Earthworx
Hey there John c, when the key is turned off hold the set button and then fire up while still pressing button. Done.

John C.

Occupation
Thanks Mr. Monrad,

Is that on the Dash 1 and 2 models?

John C.