• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help identifying a terex loader

connor R

My brother and I are considering purchasing this front end loader. We know the steering pump is having issues and have been unable to identify this machine to price out a replacement. From what we can figure it is a 72-31 but cannot seem to find anything to confirm it. any help would be greatly apprciated.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3848.jpg
    IMG_3848.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Not much in my serial number books for Terex, seems like they kept the numbers/prefixes a GM secret.

But Eric Orlemans book, "Euclid and Terex Earthmoving Machines" advises that a S/No of 16UPM is a 72-31 model. If it's Euclid build, Euclid should be written below the S/No plate.

The 72-31 was released as a Euclid in Sept 1966. They became Terex after July 1st, 1968.
The 72-31 is fitted with a 4 cyl 4-71N GM diesel, rated at 145HP gross and 134FHP.

The transmission should be a two-stage Allison TT-2420. These transmissions ran a twin-turbine setup with a lockup that changed up a gear automatically in each speed selection range.
I believe the same transmission is fitted to the Allis Chalmers 645B wheel loader.