• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

trakloader

Hey, guys, I sent First Gear a couple of pictures and some info on the Hayes HDX, they are going to look into the feasibility of an HDX die cast replica. Feel free to email them with more requests, I think it is time we had a decent diecast HDX. Seriously, you can get sewer suckers, trash trucks, etc, but no decent log haulers!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Hey, guys, I sent First Gear a couple of pictures and some info on the Hayes HDX, they are going to look into the feasibility of an HDX die cast replica. Feel free to email them with more requests, I think it is time we had a decent diecast HDX. Seriously, you can get sewer suckers, trash trucks, etc, but no decent log haulers!

I'm in ,let me know how to order , looks like I'll have to fill in for Stanley at lest one more day BLK PRINCE lol

Last edited:

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
There were three of those trucks built.Two when the plant was running and the last one was built a few years later in the parts warehouse.Other than the Cat power there are some other differences as well...Not sure which one is in the pic..

Count me in for a few die cast HDX's....I agree the selection of die cast logging trucks realy sucks..

Cory

trakloader

First Gear Contact Info

I'm in ,let me know how to order , looks like I'll have to fill in for Stanley at lest one more day BLK PRINCE lol

Everyone send emails to First Gear, tell them about how the Hayes HDX revolutionized the industry, how there are no die cast models of them, etc. We can make this happen, they build models of stuff a LOT more obscure than Hayes trucks. I would like to see both a conventional and a pre-load, maybe a yellow one, and an M&B one, and a BCFP pre-load would be AWESOME! Of course, then we will need a TL-6 to load them..... Here is their contact email, send them your thoughts and ideas on the subject, maybe some pictures would help, too.

consumerservices@1st-gear.com

Sidney43

Occupation
Retired
In the photo I linked to, you can clearly see the "Pacific" name down near the bumper. Unfortunately there is another truck behind that one with a different grill and headlight arrangement. I can't tell what it is but maybe some of the experts can.

HDX

Vigilant CONTROL YOURSELF!!! GET A GRIP!!! That is a Pacific and on the HAYES thread to boot When I get a chance I will post a couple pictures of one of the WHD Hayes being test driven in downtown Vancouver prior to being shipped to SuperPesa in South America. I think that should get you back from the edge. This one is very close to the Dravo WHD's Very similar layout.

Sicard

To RCP57, find attached, if I've done this right, RB auction notice pictures of SOW TRUCKS. Sorry to all those devote Hayes fans for the Kenworth on the Hayes Thread. The Kenworth is from an AllQuipp sale flyer from Alberta. Enjoy![/ATTACH]View attachment 114358
Lots to look at from the old days.

Last edited:

Sicard

To RCP57, OOOPS! I missed getting this other RB auction notice photo to join the other two. ARG! Computers! Try again, fromSicard1.jpgEnjoy!

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Hey Sicard, Thanks for posting that! That's probably the one I was thinking of. The date would be about right. Kinda looks like it has a KW rad, custom hood/fender combo, and a Hayes cab. I wonder who made it/them?

Sicard

In the attachments, between my two posts, are 2 Hayes and 1 Kenworth. I don't think either Hayes have been modified other than the extra front axle and oil field bumpers. Glad you like seeing the pictures.

Sicard

In the attachments, between my two posts, are 2 Hayes and 1 Kenworth. I don't think either Hayes have been modified other than the extra front axle and oil field bumpers. Glad you like seeing the pictures. Not sure why the photos in the 1st post will not show up, will try to post later this evening. AARG! computers!

Last edited:

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Vigilant CONTROL YOURSELF!!! GET A GRIP!!! That is a Pacific and on the HAYES thread to boot When I get a chance I will post a couple pictures of one of the WHD Hayes being test driven in downtown Vancouver prior to being shipped to SuperPesa in South America. I think that should get you back from the edge. This one is very close to the Dravo WHD's Very similar layout.

MUST.... HAVE.... 3412! MUST... HAVE....... :crying:

Sicard

Beauties!

AS I STATED BEFORE . .. . . . . . . might work this time.
In the attachments, between my two posts, are 2 Hayes and 1 Kenworth. I don't think either Hayes have been modified other than the extra front axle and oil field bumpers. Glad you like seeing the pictures.

Attachments

• fromSicard2 2.jpeg
    fromSicard2 2.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 723
  • fromSicard3.jpeg
    fromSicard3.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 720

HDX

Sicard Post 1432 of the HDX She has wrong serial number s/n 6124 is a WHD Hayes that was built for Indonesia and was shipped there through AirMac International and CanTrans Services Ltd S/n 4978 is a WHD standard production run truck, Cab and chassis only with V12 GM Allison 59-60 trans 70,000lbr Clark rears and 12:00X24 tires Single front Steering axle painted red and white. Whoever converted her sure did a nice job Very clean and looks proper

HDX

These are the pictures I told you about with the 4 WHD's that were shipped to South America for SuperPesa in late 1974.
IMG_0120.JPGIMG_0121.JPGIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0124.JPG

HDX

These are the four trucks together waiting to get loaded onto the freighter. Note all four have been sealed for the trip (air cleaner tops removed and stowed as well as other components).
Also shows trucks being loaded.
IMG_0125.JPGIMG_0127.JPGIMG_0128.JPG