• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hauling dozer

Tyler d4c

Any modern f650 say 2000 model and up has to have better brakes then a Dodge 1 ton. Perhaps they need repair. Now if it's a f600 from 1983 with them good old brakes of that day I'd understand.
I believe in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong) any trailer over 10000 pounds or so is to be equipped with air brakes. In America we should adapt such a rule.

Welder Dave

I can totally see “operators” using small dump trucks to haul with. I’m always trying to differentiate between commercial operators and the guy like myself that has to move personal equipment from one property to another on rare (like once every 4-5 years) occasions. I too own an F-650 dump truck rated at 25,999K pounds, but I won’t move my dozer with it as it seems very dangerous to me with its hydraulic brakes. I prefer my new 1 ton Dodge flat bed…I wish my dump truck had air brakes like my A class…..
Who said small dump truck? I'd be thinking 5 or 6yd. to tandem when someone mentioned dump truck. If you got in an accident, do you think it matters if you're hauling commercially or personally? You've got an F650 but think a 1 ton is better??

MG84

I'm beginning to think he bought that 1-ton dodge solely with the intent of being able to pull the dozer with it. He's desperately trying to convince himself and others it's a good idea to justify the purchase. Either that or he just likes to be contrarian and go against everyone's advice and common sense.

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
I can totally see “operators” using small dump trucks to haul with. I’m always trying to differentiate between commercial operators and the guy like myself that has to move personal equipment from one property to another on rare (like once every 4-5 years) occasions. I too own an F-650 dump truck rated at 25,999K pounds, but I won’t move my dozer with it as it seems very dangerous to me with its hydraulic brakes. I prefer my new 1 ton Dodge flat bed…I wish my dump truck had air brakes like my A class…..
Your F650 has far better braking ability even with the hydraulic brakes than a 1 ton Dodge with disc brakes, which are also hydraulically actuated.

BC Placer gold

Your F650 has far better braking ability even with the hydraulic brakes than a 1 ton Dodge with disc brakes, which are also hydraulically actuated.
We have a Ford CF6000 parts truck for our CF7000 (full air brakes).

The 6000 has the Lucas-Girling air over hydraulic system; what I do notice is the rotors & calipers/drums & shoes on the 6000 are massive in comparison to our Dodge 3500….