• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Looking very nice Will...Saddly mine is sitting out in the elements this year (unwanted divorce and house sale)My Mustangs and the Diamond T are safe,dry and warm tho....Working on a solution....Look forward to seeing your deck..

View attachment 279235
Hmmm....wife....or Mustangs, Diamond-T and Grizzly truck?

I'd say you won! LOL

Will_M

Had a Automotive Journalist here on Tue..He is from North Van and wants to do a article on Grizzly Trucks.He writes for a very big magazine.He says it will just be a article about the trucks.No history digging or story telling..I showed him all my paperwork and he took alot of pics..This is just in its infancy and we will see where it goes.He sent me 4 of the pics and will send the rest next week...View attachment 281923View attachment 281924View attachment 281925View attachment 281926
That's very cool, look forward to seeing the full article.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I have actually doing some work on mine..I am installing a battery cut off switch.Should have done it when i put the truck together..I have two batteries so it has to go in the right side cabinet.I have severe space limitations as my compressor is in there as well.I made my own junction block from UHMW and have mounted the switch where I can.Its a a tight fit and a bit of a compromise but i will make it work..Switch is lockable...Junction block has 1/8 neoprene between it and the cabinet in the event something goes wronggrizzly 001 (140).JPGgrizzly 002 (180).JPGgrizzly 003 (148).JPGgrizzly 006 (53).JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Had a good chat with the owner (Mike) of this Grizzly last night.Truck is in Qualicum on the Island.He also owns the Ursidae..Grizzly has a 200HP Perkins with a 4spd allison in it.Sounds like the Grizzly will be coming up for sale soon....thumbnail_1F14215A-66EA-4E68-94A3-DF98C76570AE.jpgthumbnail_3AD061C2-C1D8-42F7-A168-FBA0A2C24F88.jpgthumbnail_104FFE96-DDEA-4485-B369-3D7519DD4575.jpgthumbnail_FCE9BFD2-FDCA-44E2-B087-CD297D80ECF5.jpg

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
Found this in one of my photo files today.Kinda confirms that Geoff's initial target was indeed the forestry stuff..Not that we doubted it...That would be my truck when new.... View attachment 285248

I spent a few nights talking this over with Geoff when we both worked for Husby at Eden Lake, circa 1986-87, and we discussed his idea to make a truck for the forestry industry that could be repaired and maintained using things commonly found in most logging camps. That aspect was an important one for the both of us, and we both had some years of experience in the industry. Adapting to serve the oil and gas industry as well as mining came along afterwards. I still like the idea but pretty hard to compete with the big name companies methinks.

Take care.

Will_M

It's been a busy spring but today was the day.

Out of province inspection is done, the truck is now registered and on the road! There is still some small stuff to do but there probably always will be.
Truck handles and rides nice but it does seem a little short on power, hopefully a tune up on the injector pump will help.

After 4 years of working on it, it's nice to finally take it down the road. 20230621_093346.jpg20230612_164507.jpg20230612_164518.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
Incredible job Will..Sorry to hear about the power.My truck actually surprised me when I got on it hard in 3rd gear..I am happy with the power..I did install the BD fuel pin (dont remember what pump you have)I have the BD 3400RPM governor spring but best it pulls is 2800 and when I did the exhaust brake I changed all the valve springs to 60lb...Need to get my **** together Will...would really like to get our trucks together and to meet you in person..Your truck looks very nice