1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Grizzly Trucks

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by diamondtguy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Will_M

Will_M Active Member

That would be great, I look forward to it.

Hank R likes this.
  2. diamondtguy

diamondtguy Senior Member

machine fitter/fabricator
    Finished the cooling system off yesterday just as the rain started falling..I made a new support brkt for the cross over pipe..I should have trimmed the lower edge but was rushing to beat the rain and forgot..
    Plate is 3/16 aluminum.I just painted it to stop it from going fuzzy.You can see in the pic the new A/C compressor,the crank trigger system for my tach and the barring tool on the balancer..
    System is full again and the truck can be started..Tomorrow I think I will start on the new e-brake system..

grizzly 003 (142).JPG

Hank R likes this.
  3. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    You have been a busy young man there your doing great work.

4. diamondtguy

Did the e-brake install today.Fairly straight forward with shimming and clearances.Had to pull the yoke off the t/case but it slid off just fine..Tomorrow I will figure out the cable....Its all powder coated and some of it doesn't disassemble so I just left it red.

grizzly 003 (143).JPG grizzly 002 (167).JPG

5. diamondtguy

I ran the A/C lines yesterday.They run under the cab then up between the back of the cab and the tool box.Then across the roof to the A/C unit.Connections are on the drivers side.Ready to get my friend to put the last two fittings on and charge the system..We had to put in line charge line fittings in it as there is no room behind the compressor.My friend knows what I am like and got me a rather large made in USA Compressor that apparently is much longer than the norm...Fittings are located where it can be serviced with the fender on but I will forgo that till we have leak tested it and finished...

My cables don't work for the e-brake system so I will order one from the manufacturer of the kit..I am also considering relocating the handle to left side of the driver on the floor..The stock handle is very hard to reach and I doubt you could get to it with the shoulder belt on..Manufacture of the kit make a nice little tunnel style one and it would be easy to use,out of the way and pretty obvious it was on when you got in the truck....

Grizzly 001 (162).JPG Grizzly 002 (168).JPG Grizzly 003 (144).JPG

Camshawn, stepp3360 and Hank R like this.
  6. diamondtguy

Weather is good today so I plugged the truck in for a few hours as it hasn't run for a few months..I wanted to put it out on the driveway and let it run for a while..I pressure tested the cooling system but wanted to run it up anyways.A/C guy cant make it tell next week end and I didn't want any surprises....and I got one..
    I was watching it run (fender is still off) and noticed the belt is running off the compressor pulley.I thought maybe I didn't get it on right..Fixed it and fired it up only to watch it jump again..Apon closer inspection the compressor is to far forward by about 3/16...My A/C guy hasn't a fricken clue whats wrong.He has only seen this once in 20 years...
    I managed to sneak the compressor out with out moving or draining any thing..I have a call into a friend who has two compressors off of Cummins 12V's and he will measure them for me..
    Glad I left the fender off...Never would have seen this with it on...

Grizzly 001.JPG

Hank R likes this.