1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by diamondtguy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. diamondtguy

diamondtguy Senior Member

machine fitter/fabricator
    I sent Jean (Geoff Bucks widow) pictures last night..She agrees it certainly looks like a Grizzly but she knows nothing about it.Her first thought was that it may have been built out of the parts sold at the auction..
    I do know that it is "not" one of the trucks I am missing.
    I have commented on the ATHS thread on facebook and am hoping to get some more info on the truck..

2. diamondtguy

At the end of the month the Grizzly goes on its first road trip...I am going to the Cache Creek Truck show..Should be interesting and I look forward to it..Going up Friday night and coming home on Sunday....
    Its about a 3 1/2 hour trip for me each way..

Hank R likes this.
  3. diamondtguy

Still working away on the front air bags...Original gauge was 150psi.Very hard to read 15psi on it.No air gauges go below about 120 so I used a mechanical fuel pressure gauge.Much easier to read and moniter its 15 psi working pressure..Everything has been changed to #4 AN fittings and steel braided hose.Even found a #4 bulkhead fitting that saves me two more leakage points...One more line to make and I am done this little adventure...
    an-4-an4-an-4-bulkhead-fitting-straight-adapter-with-nut-autobahn88-ft052-a04-kit.jpg Grizzly 003.JPG Grizzly 007.JPG grizzly 009.JPG

DB2, Bumpsteer and Wytruckwrench like this.
  4. diamondtguy

Finished off the front air bag hosing tonight...I hate putting #4 braided hoses together....Aired it all up and will check tomorrow and see if it drops..Nice to have a in dash gauge on it..Rear has automatic leveling on it so I don't have to worry about it.
    I just have to come up with a story as to why I have 15psi of fuel pressure when the truck isn't running.....

Ordered up a disc brake parking brake for the transfer case.This will work off the original floor mounted lever and as its mechanical it is DOT legal...I prefer this method over the cable operated shoes...
    Should have the kit next week.....
    grizzly 002 (149).JPG grizzly 004 (94).JPG

Hank R and HD Mech like this.
  5. 64Pacific

64Pacific Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are making the trip, look forward to meeting you there!

6. Will_M

Will_M Member

63559180-5151-4794-B9D7-C8D2E23AA5E2.jpeg A41DB964-9125-47BE-A002-3E8390E97616.jpeg 0E66608E-5086-4AE3-964D-86A13BA8E953.jpeg 6227BB08-93C3-4105-93DA-280C3E76A9ED.jpeg A few pictures forwarded on to me that were taken by the transporter when the truck came out to Alberta.

72hayes, John Shipp, John C. and 3 others like this.
  7. Will_M

Will_M Member

8. diamondtguy

Cleaned up and ready to go..Heading to the Cache Creek Truck show tomorrow...May wander through some towns on the way home as I don't need to be back till Monday....

Grizzly 003.JPG

9. diamondtguy

Did the 400 mile round trip to Cache creek.Truck ran great.Pulled 5th gear on all the hills with the pyro just under 900 deg and the water temp at 200.Generally ran with the water at 180 and the pyro between 5 and 600...Had a great time and met some good people..Talked so much I started to loose my voice a few times..Lots of questions about the truck
    Still not happy with the front suspension..I will discuss this later..

thumbnail_IMG_0789.jpg T trucks 002.JPG

10. diamondtguy

Mark took these pics...He didn't have his truck there but he did stop by.Mark owns a beautiful 86 Pacific...
    cache creek.jpg 67621626_2437634676294749_2945246086333202432_n.jpg 67799275_879362119107167_6129415070129586176_n.jpg

11. diamondtguy

Not much tinkering with the Grizzly right now...Drove home a few weeks ago and noticed a few gauges and the stereo had quit..Had to think about it for a while and realized the ign switch was acting up.That only happened once but the start side of the switch has acted up numerous times.Put a new switch in to night.Its just a generic switch..
    I have switched the front shocks to Rancho 9000's.They are 9 position and currently set on #8.This has helped but I still have a few more things to address..

Grizzly 004.JPG Grizzly 007.JPG

Camshawn and camptramp like this.
  12. diamondtguy

Did not make it to the Island this week end.Tried a week in advance to reserve a spot and everything was booked.Even wed and thurs were booked.Plus getting home could have been a night mare...It will do a trip sometime this month....

Friend came by today with his very nice 69 Z28.Black on Black car with the hounds tooth interior...Sounds as good as it looks..
    Z28 002.JPG Z28 001.JPG

camptramp and Hank R like this.
  13. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    I like as much as the Grizzly.

14. diamondtguy

Been using the truck a lot and its just turned over 3,000 miles .No mechanical problems to speak of...
    My interior guy is coming up tomorrow to get my front seat and recover it.I have decided to get started on the A/C conversion as he has time to drop my headliner and modify it.I already have the new material for the seat and he has time to do it as well.I will seize the opportunity and get all this suff done while he is available.
    He just happens to have time to put the new headliners in the two early Mustang fastbacks I am building as well...
    Its all good..
    Grizzly 006 (52).JPG

HD Mech likes this.
  15. diamondtguy

Seat left today to get new upholstery.....Full size template for the A/C all laid out...
    Let the cutting begin..
    And yes....there is a brace down the middle of the roof that I will have to deal with. Grizzly 001 (145).JPG Grizzly 002 (151).JPG

Wytruckwrench and HD Mech like this.
  16. diamondtguy

Well...the cutting started tonight.Had to be mind full of the roof brace and the folded edges of the panels...I ended up taking it out in 3 pcs.Havent figured out how to deal with the brace but I will come up with something..
    Check out how thick the steel is....Used a zip cut on my air dremel and my neaumatic (sp) saw....
    New headliner is just over a inch below and has 1/4 walnut plywood for a backing.No problem to trace the cut out from above.
    Remains of old headliner panels still glued to the roof panels and easily removed Grizzly 008 (30).JPG Grizzly 003 (129).JPG

HD Mech and Hank R like this.
  17. Will_M

Will_M Member

It’s been a productive summer with my truck for the most part. The frame from the firewall back is pretty much all cleaned and painted and I’ve put 2 new airbags and a new levelling valve on the back. Fittings should be in next week then I’ll run new stainless airlines to the valve and bags.
    I took the driveshaft and rear end off today, next on the list will be to tear it all down, clean, paint, rebuild and reinstall. 4E676230-5B08-4748-8F37-ED4FFFA0A5FB.jpeg 4B3993AE-0EEF-4639-9C00-26DFCF609CBB.jpeg 4E971383-BA64-45F9-8DE1-92286819CABD.jpeg

18. Will_M

Will_M Member

19. diamondtguy

Very nice Will....I'm liking it...Cant wait to see the hardlines on there.Its going to look very clean and tidy....