• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grey Market Hitachi

so installed the manual control,set the idle so machine doesent feel like its vibrating itself to pieces,max rpm adjusted and it seems to be working smoothly.thanks for your help...

skdaddle

I have an EX50URG also. The engine block froze and cracked about 2 years ago and we could not find a replacement 3AB1 diesel engine for it. I modified the motor mounts and installed an Iseki 3 cyl engine with lower hp. The hydraulic pump bolted right up, but we had to cut a hole in the door for the oil filter to clear when the door was shut. Problem with lesser hp is the machine works slower. Can you supply information on where you get your parts? Or a used 3ab1 engine? I heard this engine was also used in tractor trailer rigs to run their freezers, but have not been able to locate one.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

abdul k

Occupation
Technical Consultant
Skdaddle,
As you might have read further up this thread that mine is a 3AD1 engine (turbo but still a 3 cylinder). I obtain my engine parts from http://www.zenith.net.au/ here in Brisbane
Australia, my machine (EX50URG Landy) parts from the local Hitachi dealer here in Brisbane also. I don't know much about a 3AB1 engine except it is a 3 cylinder, non turbo engine.
Your best bet will to keep an eye out for 3AB1 or 3AD1 engines in New Zealand, is where I noticed these engines are for sale on websites etc.
If I come accross a 3AB1 or even a 3ADI engine for sale, I would certainly let you know :). I will do some searching and investigation and let youi know. 3AB engines are actually
an ISUZU industrial engine I believe.

I have an EX50URG also. The engine block froze and cracked about 2 years ago and we could not find a replacement 3AB1 diesel engine for it. I modified the motor mounts and installed an Iseki 3 cyl engine with lower hp. The hydraulic pump bolted right up, but we had to cut a hole in the door for the oil filter to clear when the door was shut. Problem with lesser hp is the machine works slower. Can you supply information on where you get your parts? Or a used 3ab1 engine? I heard this engine was also used in tractor trailer rigs to run their freezers, but have not been able to locate one.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
Grey hitachis cats and kobelcos are identical apart from normally having a short under ca rraige. Its a ******** name put on jap imports by salesmen from main dealers, gray imports in the above named are as good if notbtter than some of the crap the maun dealers try and sell us with so called "warranty"

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
have you compared ex40 motors it would be worth a try the parts you need could be interchangable ,like shafts and spider gears!

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
Hi jc
One of the members (Rush) did his gears awhile ago the thread is "93 hitachi EX50 URG" and the number is 1427. If you can reach him he maybe able to stear you into a good direction.
Regards
Charlie S.

jb1

I have 2 grey market 200s , one non grey 200 and have not noticed a difference in small parts at all. Maybe some of the larger components ? Found them all to be excellent machines.

tom.allen2010

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
My company had two grey market Cat 320's. And we still have a Japanese D6H. Everything is in chinese or japanese characters, nothing ever fits, cylinders are different specs, etc. The machines themselves work perfectly well, but from the ground up you can tell they were manufactured overseas. As an operator I was happy with them, literally no difference compared to our other, NC machinery, purchased machines, but the mechanics and parts people sure would cuss up a storm when something cam apart.

Hitachi Orange

Do you know how I can get a parts manual for this mechine? The North American mechines are not the same. Are the Hitachi's sold in The Philipines the same as the models sold in Japan? Salamat.

BDARCHER

Occupation
Machinist
I think my American 185 excavator is a Hitachi UH07 grey machine. Did Hitachi stamp model and serial #s on these old machines some place else on machine. There is a American model plate under the boom. Looks like there was a plate on inside the door. Its gone. The front idler has UH07 casted on the shaft bearing blocks.
Thanks

Attachments

• AMERICAN.jpg
    AMERICAN.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 549

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
They were usually stamped on the house frame in between the boom cylinders.