• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Greetings From Alaska

Wheeldog

I am on O/O dump truck driver from Alaska (Wheel Dog Trucking).......everyone calls me Wheeldog. I have a '98 Pete 378 that I bought new and is still doing a fine job. I mostly work for various gravel pits doing deliveries. Sometimes I help out a few small contractors.

Construction up here is seasonal.....so we just work May through October. Looks like a busy summer for us.....hope it is for everyone else too.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Welcome to the site. I imagine work is pretty scarce in the winter. Do you do anything to supplement?

Look forward to another "view".

Wheeldog

CT18fireman said:
Welcome to the site. I imagine work is pretty scarce in the winter. Do you do anything to supplement?

Look forward to another "view".

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't done anything to supplement.....but should. Some of the contractors/truckers work in snow removal in the winter.....I never have.

I was thinking of catching a driving job someplace warm like AZ for part of the winter.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums.com!!:drinkup
How did you find us?

I was a driver in construction for 2 years many moons ago, and then hauled freight for 20 years. Now I own a small landscape company with a 550 dump and Cat skid steer.

We're seasonal too, but our season lasts a bit longer, generally late March to mid December, then things switch to snow removal. We're booked beyond capacity now, we're so busy it's hectic. Everyone tells me that's a good thing, but I often wonder whether I'm coming or going ......:dizzy

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Connections are so important. Just goes to show how a link or a search engine can connect you to people.

As for me, I am right across the line in CT from Pelican. A little smaller, but we do the same type of stuff. I run a mowing crew that cuts 3-4 days a week. We do a lot of new ladnscaping and lawn installs as well as pavers flatstones, retaining walls and drainage work.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Welcome aboard, O/O in Juneau, for going on 23 years now.

89 L9000, 10/12 yarder. couple 975 bobcats, TB 070 Takuchi excavator, Austin Western gradder, Bomag 100 ADL double drum compactor, Power Ram trenchless pipe pusher, 4ea. 1 ton ford plows w/3 sanders, Cat IT28, Royer topsoil screen. Pelican, Mobil, & Elgin Aircub street sweepers.
Trying to get out of the digging and work more topside so I sweep and strip parking lots in the summer and plow, sand, remove snow in the winter.

Dwan

andrew852

I should suppose to be creating a new thread in this category but I can't see the button so I have to enter in this thread to make my introductory post! Its nice to be here, I am a newbie as well...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I should suppose to be creating a new thread in this category but I can't see the button so I have to enter in this thread to make my introductory post! Its nice to be here, I am a newbie as well...

Welcome to the Forums andrew852!:drinkup

New members have to make 3 posts first before they can make their own thread, it's to keep the spammers out.;) If you need anymore information, check out the link in my signature line.