• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

grapple jaw falls back down. Help.

schreib

Occupation
farmer, engineer
ASV, HT80, diesel 4 cyl. 80 HP Track loader:
I have what I believe are two related problems. 1) When using my grapple the upper jaw floats back down after opening and I have to keep tweaking it back open and 2) just bought a snow plow and find I have to keep tweaking it back into position when angled to either side and cleaning up the snow ridge / bank on side of road. In the first case the grapple simply falls back down due to its own weight after opening and the hydraulic system is not providing enough positioning power to keep it up, which should not be that much. With the plow it has a lot of force trying trying to offset the snowbank plowing forces with the plow end extended out 7 ft. Both, I think, are the same problem. I use the low flow connection and right hand joystick to work both attachments. But where and what could it be?

I have reason to believe that some hydraulic valve must be allowing back flow by not holding closed but no idea where to look. Some guidance would help me home in on this. If anyone knows the exact valve or whatever, even better! thanks.

DIYDAVE

My suggestion, would be to check the solenoid valves, they are under your butt, when sitting on the operators seat.;)