• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

good manufacturers of attachments/root rake

wwwranch

kenco root rake

I've got one that was made by Kenco Mfg for a D4G XL that I would sell.

http://www.kencomfg.com/

You can look at theirs by clicking on the link and then going to Combination Rakes where it says "Choose your destination". Mine looks like the one in the picture on the left.

It's built very well. I bought it new in 2009 and used it to rake 60 acres in an old German POW camp in Ft Hood after I cleared it. I've used it on about 150 acres total. I gave $2200 for it new and would take $1000 for it now cause I sold my little dozer. I'm 3 hours west of you near Waco. Come look at it if you want.

do you still have the root rake or is it sold?

landworksTN

Occupation
Self-employed
Remco rakes are excellent in my opinion. I have one on a D4H right now and have used them on D6Rs. Although they may be a little on the heavy side, they are very strong and they protect the whole surface of the blade. They are shaped to the contour of the blade. Not sure but I believe mine came out of atlanta. Never seen anyone on here with one like it.

tj_farmer

i sure like the looks of that landworks.i havent seen many pusharm d4h's ......around here most are pat's

landworksTN

Occupation
Self-employed
Yeah! Ive only seenlandworks 124.JPG a couple like it ever. Sometimes I wish it was a vpat, but it is strong. We have repainted it since that picture. I wouldn't trade that little dozer for anything!

tj_farmer

what year is that? i notice it looks like the light are in the grill, i have a '96 d4h xl3 with pat, and lights are outside the hood. my old man's beat one of them up already.mines a open station, a cab sure would be nice. is that the decal kit you get if you order a set from cat now, it looks quite different then mine.

landworksTN

Occupation
Self-employed
what year is that? i notice it looks like the light are in the grill, i have a '96 d4h xl3 with pat, and lights are outside the hood. my old man's beat one of them up already.mines a open station, a cab sure would be nice. is that the decal kit you get if you order a set from cat now, it looks quite different then mine.

It's an 87 model. Yeah the lights are inside the grill on the eariler models. I had the power edge decals custom made for it. The cab and limb risers really add alot to it I think.:)

duchek

Occupation
Farmer
Does anybody know a ballpark figure for what one of these rakes would cost new to fit a D7G?

tj_farmer

$2700-$4000 shipped, if i remember correctly....matters on the company and width.

landworksTN

Occupation
Self-employed
Does anybody know a ballpark figure for what one of these rakes would cost new to fit a D7G?

Yeah toward the higher end of that now im sure, especially for the remco rakes, bought one for a D6R around 6 or 7 years ago and it was around $4500 even then. The one on the D4H was 3200 i believe.

DM22

Root Rake angle??????

we used to run a fleco, the solesbee's that we rebuilt was changed to the angles that the fleco had......

Hey Bradyhill1. Hope you are still out there and see this. I run a JD650H and am looking for a pin on Root Rake. I see that you mention the modification of the "ANGLE" of the Rake in your post. Since I have been looking/shopping, (about 2 weeks), I keep noticing most "pin on" Rakes are just basically vertical iron in front of the blade with the teeth being the only thing angled! I keep telling myself that is just not going to roll or turn over the load as it is being pushed. Then I saw your post about your "angle" modification. It seems to me that most of the companies are just making a Rake the easiest and cheapest way possible without any regard to the efficency or exact purpose of it just to have a Rake in their lineup of products. I would love to hear from you on your thought process about the angle. I also saw one other post of someone saying angle is everything in the Rake. Or maybe tell me I am over thinking this!