• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gold Rush D10

alco

I saw a sliver of a clip that showed another, longer, single sluice running down the side of the main sluice. Wonder what that's about??

That trough comes off the nugget trap at the end of the screen deck. The idea is to catch the heavier nuggets that are too big to pass through the screen media they are using. Not sure how that one was working out, since one of the clips I have seen is Dave tearing it out with a hoe.

Cam85

Yea Shimmy I reckon ur math is pretty well spot on its a bit hard for me to comment on the out her side of the world with the dollar value difference and converting imperial to metric but I reckon ur spot on.

Oh buy the way Im cheap not free but cheap alwase said I would go anywhere have passport and game enough to try.
Why not give it a whirl?

Welder Dave

Wow what geniuses! The drivers apparently almost have a head on collision, which Todd totally dismisses, and they come up with building a second road, one to haul and one to return. Now I see why they get the big bucks.:notworthy Then Parker claims he was almost broke last year. Somehow, I think his term for broke with his family having millions is a little different than us mere mortals term for broke.

JDOFMEMI

I like how they built the second road, but it looks like a slalom course. Bad corners with loose fill and no berms. They are asking to tip one over the way they drive.

Trucks don't haul much when they are laying on their side.

TrentNz

If parker is leasing his excavators i feel sorry for the poor buggers that own them, those pins are so ridiculously worn out! No wonder they put noises over the real sound of the excavators we'd probably go deaf from the squeaking

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
Did you notice Tony lifting the box of 3/4"-1" bolts, nuts and washers into the back of his truck ? Airbox for the camera ?

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
Yea I noticed that must be the water up north must have a natural steroid or something in it lol

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Even my girlfriend was like I don't think there is 2000 bolts in that box. bleeping bolts must be lighter than grade 8s haha

Dickjr.

Anyone else notice the 800 Hitachi on the hoffman crew? Wonder what the story was there..

No telling , the only thing , Jack loved the old 400 so much he might have got enough gold to buy the 800 , so he could love it twice as much. The Hoffmans still look like idiots , they're at 400 plus oz half way , Tony and Parker pulled 160oz in a week. That is if you can believe what the program shows.

Shimmy1

Problem is they're chasing. Haven't got into the good stuff yet. I'm starting to feel for these guys a little bit. They're pounding the yardage through, just not much gold in it. Everytime they try someplace different, it's either froze, too wet, or too cheap. Hope they find some good ground soon. I think if the ground they have been washing would be as good as Parker's, they might be over 500 by now.

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
I like the quote from the guy up the road giving Toad advice... " We are all here because we are all not there":cool:

TrentNz

Haha yeah i noticed the 800 too. Hoffman crew would probably still be my favourite tied with beets. Hoffman crew will start hauling ass... Watch this space

Shimmy1

If you go back to last year, it took parker half the season to figure out what he had and where to dig......AND he got 300 oz. in the last week or so to get to 1000. With the setup that Todd and Dave have, I wouldn't be surprised that if they get rolling on some fat ground, they could get couple hundred oz. per week, too. They'll get 1000. As for Parker's situation with Tony, have to say I can't find much wrong with Tony's request to get all the gold. Parker just cleaned up the bedrock the wrong way. He should have used the smooth bucket first, then for "Tony's test" went back and dug with the teeth. Furthermore, this is at least the second time Tony and Parker have been at odds over how to mine. Last year, he paid tony off to mine his way. I won't disagree the point the Tony might be taking advantage a bit to show Parker who's the boss, but Parker can't just ladle the gravy off either.

Ozz

If you go back to last year, it took parker half the season to figure out what he had and where to dig......AND he got 300 oz. in the last week or so to get to 1000. With the setup that Todd and Dave have, I wouldn't be surprised that if they get rolling on some fat ground, they could get couple hundred oz. per week, too. They'll get 1000. As for Parker's situation with Tony, have to say I can't find much wrong with Tony's request to get all the gold. Parker just cleaned up the bedrock the wrong way. He should have used the smooth bucket first, then for "Tony's test" went back and dug with the teeth. Furthermore, this is at least the second time Tony and Parker have been at odds over how to mine. Last year, he paid tony off to mine his way. I won't disagree the point the Tony might be taking advantage a bit to show Parker who's the boss, but Parker can't just ladle the gravy off either.

He needed to have a clause written into his contract to have him in control of what he does: seems like a simple fix