• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gold Rush D10

DPete

Just hammer the equalizer/ swing frame pin back in and go to work so what's to keep it from happening again? Only works on TV :D

JDOFMEMI

Maybe I should hire them next time one of mine comes apart.

I suspect I might need to hire the editing crew as well.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
On a different note I do believe that Volvo dumped some coin on the show. notice that almost everyone is running Volvo and if they are not the name is blacked out like the kommie pc400? also, they can cut the drama bull poo out, it's not necessary

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Yea like the treacherous drive in the articulated trucks on the deteriorating roads. Lol. It looked like a piece of angle iron welded on the pin on the D10. I also love the little cartoon drawing that was wrong of what the pin holds. The track frame is not bending. Lol

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
How about the volvo getting stuck when he (slid off the road ) and pulling it with the front of the other truck in only 6" mud I thought these were off road truck's and that ice that was frozen in the dark turned to sloppy mud faster than any I've ever seen must be a real scary place to work

twr

And why are you surprised your plants froze up when its 5 deg.

JGibson

On a different note I do believe that Volvo dumped some coin on the show. notice that almost everyone is running Volvo and if they are not the name is blacked out like the kommie pc400? also, they can cut the drama bull poo out, it's not necessary

They Did, the dealership up there which I believe is Construction Machinery Industrial LLC with the them. The machines are all local contractor trade in's. Notice that the 400 had it's hitachi logo blacked out. Hitachi used to let them use their name but no longer (because the machines were old and always breaking, didn't look good for hitachi). So all of the miners get to use newer volvo equipment for free. Freddy Dodge owns the pc228 and the pc400. So wether most of them like volvo or not, it makes sense to use it, because they get them for free.

alco

They Did, the dealership up there which I believe is Construction Machinery Industrial LLC with the them. The machines are all local contractor trade in's. Notice that the 400 had it's hitachi logo blacked out. Hitachi used to let them use their name but no longer (because the machines were old and always breaking, didn't look good for hitachi). So all of the miners get to use newer volvo equipment for free. Freddy Dodge owns the pc228 and the pc400. So wether most of them like volvo or not, it makes sense to use it, because they get them for free.

Construction Machinery International is a US company. The dealer they got most of the iron from is Great West Equipment, which is a Canadian dealer..........makes sense since they're in Canada.

JGibson

Construction Machinery International is a US company. The dealer they got most of the iron from is Great West Equipment, which is a Canadian dealer..........makes sense since they're in Canada.

No, It's CMI, when they were in alaska thats how they started. All the machines are from CMI, Ive talked to people that work there about it

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Oh geez. They use that same revving sound effect for all the machines, it drives me nutz. They must have decel pedals in all the excavators. :beatsme

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
The best part of the new season is that the whole crew bailed on the Hoffmans. I can't figure out why anyone would follow that toolshed anywhere. With Freddy & Dave working together they have a shot.