• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gold Rush D10

Dickjr.

Without having the serial prefix on the D10 , I believe that model had a detent ball and spring on the equalizer bar.:D . I liked the premiere this year better than the last years , they are gold mining right off the bat , Parker got gold as well as the Dodge boys. That along with the equipment keeps me interested in the show. Tony's cursing gets a little old , I have fired the F word myself but not about everything there is to f about. He probably can't even pour milk on his cheerios without firing an f bomb. Or is it his character.

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
I would not count Tony out just yet. Once he gets that behemoth moved and operating I bet that SOB will eat some ground 24-7.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I think that the dredge is just for the show to get him some show time with showing his huge operation he claimed to pay $1,000,000 for it but its been setting for what 30 years I think he is smarter than that he might have that much in it by the time he gets producing

clintm

Occupation
they briefly showed his operation in a former show when parker went to the klondike to see how the big boys play all tony could say was drill drill drill

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt

clintm

Occupation
I seen that episode were his dad helped build a bridge. Hardline was asking about tony and the size of his operation

alco

No, It's CMI, when they were in alaska thats how they started. All the machines are from CMI, Ive talked to people that work there about it

The Volvo equipment didn't show up until last season, and they were in Canada. The only operation in Alaska last season was Fred and Dustin's show. The equipment all has Great West Equipment stickers on it. I would say the people you talked to were feeding you a line. It would be pretty strange for a different dealer to slap their stickers on equipment that was sold by some one in a different country, and is even working out of their territory. Might be a bit different if they were in Great West's sales and service area, but that's not even the case.

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
I've run into Parker at Ritchie's auction in Edmonton. When he was there he was looking for a larger hoe. Don't know if he got anything as I didn't see home after that but he was there anyways. Fred was there at the same sale too looking around.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
I sold a 365c to his dad but it was for SE Roadbuilders and never ended up on the show. Roger is a very good guy to work with.

Monserandsons

Occupation
owner/operator of carpentry an excavation business
i cant believe nobody mentioned how thin the rails appeared on that d10? is it ok to rev it up and down as soon as it starts when its ten degrees out?

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
I don't know enough about undercarriages to comment on the rails being worn but I thought the pads looked to be really thin to me???

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
The rails did look shot to me too. In some of the previews I could have sworn I see a d10r with a SS ripper.

pf/l

Occupation
Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
Just watched the season premier tonight. Rails definatley look like they're getting down. If I remember right Parker put on a used set last year as they were stretched so bad he couldn't tighten them anymore. Was hoping the hoffmans would be gone but sad to see they're still back. There's enough drama and bs going on without them on there as it is.lol..

Parker was at a Dec. sale two years ago this Dec. that I saw him so it probably wouldn't have been the new volvo that he's running now. Talked to him beifly but a good friend of mine sat and talked with him for a good half a hour or so. Said he's just like any other contractor out there.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I love the show but lately don't like it as much. It seems the more detailed information is left out for fake drama. I have watched it since it first started. I keep waiting for more information on screen angles, water flow velocities, plant detail information but it is left out. No fuel usage information, running costs, or pay information is given. I was hoping Todd would explain why they took wheeled trucks into a swamp vs a tracked dump truck. How many times can we touch hard hats and huddle up. I am not sure if that's how you guys in Oregon do it, does not happen here in GA. Lol.

I have also wondered why parker does not use pans to move dirt along with a dozer? I have never used a pan. Anyone have thoughts on that?

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I like pans, but pans like dry hard haul roads not sure Alaska has them for more than 2 weeks a year. Also there is a lot of moisture in what I see them moving usually. I do however thing some cat and cans would help, but they are slower on a long haul and are more specialized than the rock trucks that are using. What they don't show you is their tailings management, if your only removing one ounce from every ton, every ton you haul in, you haul back.