• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ghost of my Kubota

Tatimpact

Machine is a kubota svl90-2

Symptoms
1. Ruined more than 3 dpf
2. Loss of power under load

Long story behind the issue at hand but it had nothing to do with regen problems, the engine was/is over fueling dumping brownish black smoke that was clogging the filters. Things I have done. Yes I have checked the fuel lines elbows etc

1. New turbo
2. Boost sensor
3. New injectors
4. New harness
5. New injector pump
6. New MAF sensor
7. Engine compression test is good

The machine is deleted because dealers were incompetent to figure out the real issue. Now they won’t look at it and I’m in my own. Machine has no codes, starts, idles, and full throttle no problem. As soon as you put a load on the machine she looses power and dumps smoke. I have done everything engine, could this be hydraulic over loading the machine? I’m lost on this and would really like to get a 50k machine back to work on the farm! Any help is appreciated!

Legdoc

Can you go into more detail about applying a load. Just driving, lifting... Have you checked any hydraulic pressures? Do you have a Kubota shop manual?

Vetech63

Removed the dpf guts, bypassed sensors with resistors
This was not a good idea. Sorry but you have a sucky dealer.......Kubota has had DEF issues for years, just like many other manufacturers have. Since your machine has been deleted, now they won't touch it.

The entire system is based on all components working together within the set parameters. I'm worried that by deleting these items, you have created a bigger monster.

Tatimpact

This was not a good idea. Sorry but you have a sucky dealer.......Kubota has had DEF issues for years, just like many other manufacturers have. Since your machine has been deleted, now they won't touch it.

The entire system is based on all components working together within the set parameters. I'm worried that by deleting these items, you have created a bigger monster.
Yes I know my dealer sucks but it’s the same old story, “it’s not doing regen enough”…. We replaced the sensor and did a manual regen she is good to go” I heard that 6 freaking times and probably close to 9k later. I got to a breaking point so I did what I had to do, but guess what, I found what the problem was now I’m trying to fix it. Something the dealers could not do because no body wants to work or think anymore. The book said….. the manual said….. computer said….

Tatimpact

And no the delete did not do anything to it, this was happening before I did it, and is the reason I did it.

Tatimpact

Can you go into more detail about applying a load. Just driving, lifting... Have you checked any hydraulic pressures? Do you have a Kubota shop manual?

Hydraulics move fine and smooth articulation. Lifting weight, and especially tracking up hill will get her bogged down but not to a point it chokes itself off. If you let off she goes back to full throttle with no issue.

Vetech63

Long story behind the issue at hand but it had nothing to do with regen problems, the engine was/is over fueling dumping brownish black smoke that was clogging the filters.
and I’m in my own.
I’m lost on this and would really like to get a 50k machine back to work on the farm!
I found what the problem was now I’m trying to fix it.
SO...what was the problem you found? I think you are focusing on the symptoms........but correct me if I am wrong.

Vetech63

Hydraulics move fine and smooth articulation. Lifting weight, and especially tracking up hill will get her bogged down but not to a point it chokes itself off. If you let off she goes back to full throttle with no issue.
When the engine bogs down...........is this when it is smoking black? If so, that is either air flow restriction or over fueling in most cases. Does the engine start easily? I'm wondering if the injectors are atomizing the fuel correctly at this point.

Tatimpact

The problem was constant dpf clogged. The reason why it was clogging because of smoke. So I yes I found the problem, and have gone after solutions. There are many solutions for the symptoms at hand and 1 by 1 I have eliminated items. So please contribute and quit being a smart ass

Tatimpact

When the engine bogs down...........is this when it is smoking black? If so, that is either air flow restriction or over fueling in most cases. Does the engine start easily? I'm wondering if the injectors are atomizing the fuel correctly at this point.
Anything engine has been eliminated. Everything is new and programmed correctly: injectors show correct readings, injector pump is fine and timed correctly, no restrictions.

Vetech63

So please contribute and quit being a smart ass
LOL How the hell am I being a smartass? You are contradicting your own statements, and I am just trying to understand what's happening here.
The problem was constant dpf clogged. The reason why it was clogging because of smoke
....and eliminating the DEF system was not a fix........hence why I said you are focused on the symptoms.
There are many solutions for the symptoms at hand and 1 by 1 I have eliminated items.
Which is why I am asking the questions.
^^ Think you could answer this without feeling like I am attacking you?....or no?

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I know this sounds confusing but the dpf clogging was the costly result of the actual problem.
You will need to get pressure readings for the inlet side and outlet side of the turbo first to rule out inlet restriction or outlet loss / restriction.

Tatimpact

I know this sounds confusing but the dpf clogging was the costly result of the actual problem.
You will need to get pressure readings for the inlet side and outlet side of the turbo first to rule out inlet restriction or outlet loss / restriction.
We did that, checked out fine but because of hours we replaced it while we had it torn apart. 3500 hours on the machine btw

Tatimpact

LOL How the hell am I being a smartass? You are contradicting your own statements, and I am just trying to understand what's happening here.

....and eliminating the DEF system was not a fix........hence why I said you are focused on the symptoms.

^^ Think you could answer this without feeling like I am attacking you?....or no?

Tatimpact

Machine only smokes under load, cranks, idles, and full throttle without any problems, only when you put it under load, mostly traveling