• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Price By Location

deeredriver

I never said Bush was at fault for 9/11. And don't blame this whole deal on Clinton. I know, that is a easy out. How can you post that the terrorists would have a real field day with Gore in office, when the truth is that they had there field day with Bush in office. This is not predicted, it happened in the past. True story believe it or not! But everything is always Clintons fault! Bush was in office for over a year and half before 9/11. If he is so good in your view, then why did he not do something? And you actually feel "safe" because of the war in Iraq? With all the people all arround the world that do not like the US? Where will they come from next? There is a couple more places that harbor terrorists arround the world. And lets go with your idea and take our money out of the governments hand. You seem to suport the idea of us fighting terrorists in Iraq, but how do we do that with the government having no money? How do we rebuild and maintain our roads and bridges? I guess I just don't get it!

xkv8r

Our dependence on oil started in the 1950's .Cars were made more viable to the working man. Our demand outpaced supply , thus began our dependence on foreign oil.If you drew a line around the earth connecting rich oil deposits ,you would notice it is around the equator, (gulf of mexico , venezuela, panama, saudi arabia ,iraq ,and iran .kuwait and few countries in russia). Sure there are deposits in the northern hemispheres,but nothing as great as these regions. Do your self a favor and ask a veteran what they think about all this. I think your perspective would change. :usa

Wawrecker

Visit some of the trucking forums that can be found on the web. The talk of strike is everywhere. Will it solve anything? Not likely but it will put presure on our government to wake the **** up. Pipeguy, start thinking for yourself and quit buying the party line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Concern

Price is a big concern ,but also the supply is a big concern also.Just add shortages???????

High prices ,plus short supply is more of a concern.We have seen the ration of fuels before and short supplys,not good either!

Just something else to be concerned about:beatsme:usa

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
I would watch how you guys talk about strikes and shutting down the country. Laws on the books could be used to classify you as a domestic terrorist due to the fact that critical services would be shut down and people could die from your proposed actions. I know don't tell me, "it couldn't happen here". We're talking about the same people who pretend to care about your freedom, but don't care to secure the border or our ports. You tell me what's possible.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Better idea, lets lock up that clown we have for a president and vice president

Is that the answer?
And which Clown do you think would do a better job?
D or R?
Male or manWoman?

When it comes voting time, do you vote for the better person, or the lessor of two evils (bad choices)?

spend more money at home, not in some hell forgotten place that hasn't gotten along with itself for thousands of years so our government doesn't feel like they have to pillage the working people to keep the lights on.

That part I agree with.
But ya know what,
It will never happen.
Why?
Because we the people are the ones who voted the Clowns into office.
Also, a thing called compassion.
Thats when you give to those who are less fortunate, those you feel sorry for or in most cases, you give without having a clue as to why you did or where the moneys going.
Call it peer pressure of just trying to keep up with the Jones.

Then there's the environmentalists (hyprocates)....
Where in the hell do they get so much power?
Because they know how to beg for money just like some third world legless child with dark brown eyes and a pretty smile.
Somehow, the confused American voters keep feeding the eco-terrorists money. Money for lawyers, lawsuits and payoffs to keep us from drilling here, building refineries here, mining here.

Me thinks that there is no one easy way to fix this mess we've gotten ourselves into, not in our lifetimes anyways.
What we live with today is a byproduct of a too much freedom.
Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

And to keep this on topic...

Flying J...
Thousand Palms , Ca.
I-10 Ramon Exit
$4.04
:cool:

Last edited:

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
Diesel is 4.44 per gal. in upstate NY. When is it going to stop ??????

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Took a little longer to get into a political discussion about oil in this thread than I thought.

To preface my post, I am a conservative but not so sure I am a Republican but definitely not a Democrat. I am not happy with the way the Bush Admin. has spent money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I believe we have spent too much money in Iraq rebuilding infrastructure when we have many infrastructure needs here in our country. We should do what our military does best which is kick ass and take body counts. Then use their oil to rebuild their country. I think President Bush plays too much into the political correct movement and is weary of doing this because the MSM (main stream news media) would have a field day over the whole "war for oil" diatribe. Saddam needed to be removed. He had weapons of mass destruction and used them on his own people - The Kurds and this is well documented. It was just a matter of time before he attained more powerful weapons, he already had the appetite to use them. For the left to rest on their laurels and say "Bush lied about WMD" is ridiculous. I lose stuff in my own house that I find years later and I didn't hide them on purpose. Now take a country a little larger than Texas, hide a tractor trailer load of weapons and get someone to find it. Rather a difficult task to say the least.

Everything in this world economy we live in boils down to two basic ideals: money and power, with money being the most important, with money you have power. The global oil prices are far greater than the US economy and our elected officials - regardless of political party.

President Bush (or any president for that matter) does not control the oil prices, this is just paranoid propaganda voiced by various self interest groups from environmentalist, eco terrorists, political parties and forgein interests here and abroad.

Simply put demand for oil is up and going higher, not just in the US but around the globe. Here in the US we came blame ourselves for allowing the radical environmental groups for blocking any new refinery construction for the last thirty years and the death of any new nuclear power plants. This has directly affected our energy prices at home. One shining example of this is the new Emissions requirements. The new diesel engines are burning more fuel but emit less emissions. Someone please tell me how burning more fuel and getting less efficiency out of a BTU of energy helps the environment?

Abroad China, India and other developing countries are adding to the demand for oil that was once not there. Every country in this world, regardless of economic stature or military might, is fighting for a stake in the world economy. Sure the US and other dominate countries are superior in terms of wealth and military might, but nonetheless there is more competition for everything. This competition for energy, in this case oil, has driven prices up, in addition to our own handcuffs we have allowed the environmental groups to shackle us with.

The world has evolved from Countries/Nations to Global Corporations; that is why Thomas Jefferson was so weary of corporations gaining too much power in the fledging Republic he and other great men were trying to establish. Now Global Corporations are more powerful than the Countries and Nations where they reside. These corporations are motivated by greed for more profit share, which allows them more money for political contributions, which in turn creates their power, and powerful they are. These corporations pay no taxes to the countries in which they reside - it is all passed on to the consumer, factored into the economic proforma for the product they intend to sell.

We are just pawns in a global chess game plaid out by billionares and multi-national corporations. If you think for one minute that your political affiliation is immune to this, then I have some great ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

The owner, the operator, the small business man - we are the ones that pay the bills to keep the economy going, always have and always will.

To keep on topic: BP diesel fuel $3.95.

Last edited:

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would watch how you guys talk about strikes and shutting down the country. Laws on the books could be used to classify you as a domestic terrorist due to the fact that critical services would be shut down and people could die from your proposed actions. I know don't tell me, "it couldn't happen here". We're talking about the same people who pretend to care about your freedom, but don't care to secure the border or our ports. You tell me what's possible.

I understand what you are saying but the Government body cannot force anyone to work. If someone chooses to "strike" then that is their freedom to do so. If they can classify us as domestic terrorist's then we can classify them as a "financial terrorist". I know, there is no such thing but are they not forcing us to pay their prices, is there an alternative fuel that they will allow to be produced readily available to all consumers? The Government doesnt car about the little man anymore, they just want thier "fair" share of our income. Never mind the fact that small private business's are going under, that the elderly cannot afford to heat thier homes, or that everything on the store shelves will rise in price. This ridiculous rise in fuel prices have already put us in a recession, next is a depression. Anyone who says we are not in a recession must be blind and or stupid. Oh, fuel here is $4.39. Owner said he raising the prices again too, i havent check to see what it is today.

Eric

The more I think about it the more I'm baffled. Why would anyone in our line of work be it moving dirt or freight allign themselves with the left. These are the same people who in the name of "global warming" would love to shut you down. Oil gluttons!!?? Who do you think uses the most fuel?? OUR industry in the US. It makes no sense to allign yourself to the people who given a chance WILL have you standing in a government cheese line.

They are already trying to put us out of business by making it impossible to do anything with out having to get an environmental impact study done, "permits" ($$$$), and such. Then some greenie comes to your private property to do a impact study and "discovers" a yellow bellied booger picker or some other bird or bug that can only breed on your land and is an "endangerd species". Wake up everybody!!! Don't fall for this latest pack of lies all dressed up as global warming. The dadgum Chinese use/ pollute/ consume far more than us. Make a difference... buy AMERICAN!:usa:usa

When was the last time you heard a liberal say " dang I sure do love the loggers, farmers, ranchers, miners, developers... They make America run. I would love to do anything in my power to keep them employed and secure in their jobs." Guess who we as operators work for??? Ain't the the libs! When was the last time you heard any congressman or senator try to push legislation through to make it EASIER for people to succed in our line of work? It took 35 years to permit the new copper mine in Safford AZ. I've been told that it will more than likley be the last open pit mine permitted in the US.
There's my.02 Actually it's more like a nickel's worth so I guess I owe you .03 for reading this. $4.00 more and you can buy a gallon of diesel.

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Well said Eric. "yellow bellied bugger picker" - now that's funny!:lmao:lmao

The environmental movement has good origins at heart, but like so many "movements", when they have achieved their goal (clean air, sanitation, clean water) but they still have this huge organization, employing hundreds of people, recieving huge amounts of money in donations.

Now this gets back to my post before - money and power. These environmental groups get millions of dollars in gov't funding and private donations - some of these donations are rather large coming from Billionares with their own agendas. When one environmental agenda is achieved there has to be something else to take it's place. It's like a gov't entity that must spend all of it's budget in their fiscal year - to justify asking for more money the next year.

How clean can a diesel engine's emissions be and how many microns are we going to measure? There is no balance with these far left environmental organization - once one "goal" is attained just break it down a little more, get back on your soap box, raise more money, keep your cushy job with all the benefits, hire more lobbyists in Washington and make everyone else's life miserable. And if you have to use a little "junk science" along the way to further your "movement", then don't let that stop you- because you have a machine to run.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the outdoors, trees, clear running streams and want clean water for drinking and recreation, clean air - and I want to leave the same for my children and grandchildren. As long as humans have been on this earth we have effected it in some form or fashion, be it good or bad. What we have to do is strike a balance between living our lives, protecting our environment and using our resouces wisely.

I don't like to waste things. We recycle 100% of our green waste and I am looking into setting up a C&D waste recycling program for our roll-off company. We need to make our homes and commercial buildings more energy efficient. We need to recycle more of our waste stream into energy generation or back into the manufacturing cycle. We need to explore alternative forms of energy from wind, to wave, to whatever our enterprising minds in this country can think of. But this takes time, effort and money. It's not going to happen over night and it's not going to happen with "carbon credits" either.

Reuben

I am very sceptical about the whole economy recession. Did anyone catch the closing of the stock market today. I think 'ol chicken lil has everyone running scared. Who knows maybe it is a plan, scare everyone by crying recession, stocks fall, investors buy,(because its cheap) and wow whats this,the stocks shoot up and the investors make a pile of money.

I heard a lot of people are getting checked for pink fuel in their trucks.

fuel is staying steady at 4.25 a gal in north central pa

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
The stock market is so out of touch with reality. All the speculation and phony investments over the last year has people not knowing which way is up. The one-trick pony FED cuts rates again, making the dollar worth even less and stocks rally, oil goes up, yet gold falls. Unless you have the time to devote to following the trends of foolish people, you'd be well advised to steer clear of the stock market for a while. As such it is no reliable indicator of economic well being.

Food, fuel and just about every other item besides housing and income are up in the real world. Does anyone really feel better knowing that some investors are doing well?

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums jim shepard! :drinkup

Reuben

I am simply saying I am skeptical about recession. I cant say I have a opinion which way the economy is going. Fuel is going up that seems to be the only thing effecting me right now. We had a recession in 1991 and 2001 and everything bounced back.

For me the stock market is something of interest. Used very wisely the stock market can provide some decent side money.