• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Price By Location

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Brace yourselves...it's only the beginning.

Hey Lowboy, how's the new profession?:drinkup

Ya' know what, if fuel prices are going to be $8-10-30 per gallon or whatever price it goes to, let's go ahead and make it that right now. If diesel is going to be $8 per gallon in 3 months or whatever - well let's do it right now.

Myself, as well as 1,000's of other small contractors out there, cannot afford to operate our busines with $8 per gallon fuel. So instead of a slow rise over the next year from $5 a gallon to $10 a gallon - just go ahead and do it Monday. I would rather be shot in the head and get it over with than my leg stuck in a bear trap, only to die from the blood loss. I don't want to struggle to find work and pay for the ever increasing fuel costs, spending all my savings along the way, only to find out the inevitable - fuel prices will be so high that no one can afford it.

Let's go ahead and raise it right NOW! So I can park all of my trucks and equipment and send my employees to the penny line with their pink slip - me included I pay unemployment on myself.

And when this happens , this is what else happens:

No withholding, FICA, SS, unemployment and Medicare taxes sent to the Fed/State gov't every 2 weeks.
No fuel being bought so no road or sales taxes on the 1000's of gallons of diesel I was buying.
Oh yeah and guess what - no Fed/State income taxes from me, my employees or my company this year because we didn't make any money.
Of course I will not be buying any new trucks, equipment, small tools, etc - there will be no need for them since I do not have a business anymore.

Multiply the factors listed above by 10-100K and see what the national affects are. The quickest way to get a bureaucrat's
attention is to reduce the amount of $$$ coming in on the tax rolls.

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

Sorry for the rant but we are being manipulated by big $$$ folks in the futures market looking for a quick buck, regardless of outcome. The above rant and future senario is totally hypothetical but you guys get the idea.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Hey Lowboy, how's the new profession?:drinkup

Ya' know what, if fuel prices are going to be $8-10-30 per gallon or whatever price it goes to, let's go ahead and make it that right now. If diesel is going to be $8 per gallon in 3 months or whatever - well let's do it right now.

Myself, as well as 1,000's of other small contractors out there, cannot afford to operate our busines with $8 per gallon fuel. So instead of a slow rise over the next year from $5 a gallon to $10 a gallon - just go ahead and do it Monday. I would rather be shot in the head and get it over with than my leg stuck in a bear trap, only to die from the blood loss. I don't want to struggle to find work and pay for the ever increasing fuel costs, spending all my savings along the way, only to find out the inevitable - fuel prices will be so high that no one can afford it.

Let's go ahead and raise it right NOW! So I can park all of my trucks and equipment and send my employees to the penny line with their pink slip - me included I pay unemployment on myself.

And when this happens , this is what else happens:

No withholding, FICA, SS, unemployment and Medicare taxes sent to the Fed/State gov't every 2 weeks.
No fuel being bought so no road or sales taxes on the 1000's of gallons of diesel I was buying.
Oh yeah and guess what - no Fed/State income taxes from me, my employees or my company this year because we didn't make any money.
Of course I will not be buying any new trucks, equipment, small tools, etc - there will be no need for them since I do not have a business anymore.

Multiply the factors listed above by 10-100K and see what the national affects are. The quickest way to get a bureaucrat's
attention is to reduce the amount of $$$ coming in on the tax rolls.

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

Sorry for the rant but we are being manipulated by big $$$ folks in the futures market looking for a quick buck, regardless of outcome. The above rant and future senario is totally hypothetical but you guys get the idea.

The Congress had the oil executives of the major oil companies at the Capitol. The Exxon Mobil exec, told the government that they actually don't make any money on gas. They NET, meaning after they pay all the bills, 12 billion dollars a quarter and their not making any money????? GIVE ME A BREAK, I can't believe that guy had the guts to say that. This fuel price is going to put everyone under, big small, construction, delivery, pizza shops, everyday regular people going to work. Gas has doubled in the last 4 years has anyones salaries doubled? I know mine haven't to keep up with the cost of living. It's ridiculous this country is in some serious troubled if the government doesn't step in and straighten out the oil crisis.

OneWelder

If your salary was 12million +
you might look at what they make per gal. as slim.
Over the years I have noticed many high paid prof. people think they are under paid and everybody else makes as much as they do.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
fuel price

The Congress had the oil executives of the major oil companies at the Capitol. The Exxon Mobil exec, told the government that they actually don't make any money on gas. They NET, meaning after they pay all the bills, 12 billion dollars a quarter and their not making any money????? GIVE ME A BREAK, I can't believe that guy had the guts to say that. This fuel price is going to put everyone under, big small, construction, delivery, pizza shops, everyday regular people going to work. Gas has doubled in the last 4 years has anyones salaries doubled? I know mine haven't to keep up with the cost of living. It's ridiculous this country is in some serious troubled if the government doesn't step in and straighten out the oil crisis.

Red fuel $3.69, regular diesel $4.69, gas $3.99, eastern NC
I really dont understand, why there is no big stink about it. You hear in the news, price of oil rose today to $$$$$, but you dont hear anyone stay, what the government is going to do about it. I know I dont know anything about politics, but what about lowering the state and federal taxes. I know this may slow down some state and federal work, but it would help everyone, but what do I know:Banghead

busdrivernine

Cheapest here last week was 4.49 ON Tuesday morning coming in Tuesday evening they had gone up to $4.69 the Chevron was still at $4.49 till Weds and he raised his prices to match the other station . Then on Fri the Cheveron had posted it @ $4.85 . seems like the old days of 2 cents or a nickel raises are gone they are going for 20 cent jumps now . really ready to park the truck and just stay at home . It seems you work 5 days and it takes you 1 day to pay for your fuel cost .

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
you notice that when the refinery jumps up 10 cents a gallon, about five minutes later theres a guy on a ladder changing the price on the station sign by 10 cents. But when barrel price goes down it takes so long for them to adjust that by the time they do prices go back up two days later.:(

jimmyjack

4.98 at the mobil mile from my house. you can't even keep track of prices they go up so often, last tuesday i fueled up my dump truck i drive at 4.66, 8hrs later i went to the same place to fuel my pick-up up and it had gone to 4.78 and i guy who runs the place whos a friend of mine said that by monday hes gonna be 4.90 just so he can afford the next trailer load of fuel. it sucks to work all week to on friday put over a 100 dollars in my truck just so i can be at work on monday:Banghead

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I guess I'm spoiled it 4.69 in spots here. Gas is 3.95 in somerset and 20 miles to Monticello it's 3.62 :beatsme

mikef87

Occupation
Last night they had an interview with a few truck drivers. The average fuel bill was around $2000 a week. The rates haven't gone up, they get a fuel surcharge, but it isn't much. One guy had 4 tractors, 3 got repo'd. These guys are getting ready to lose everything, house, family, livelihood and these jack*** oil execs are living the high life. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
We must be spoiled compared to some of you guys-anywhere between 4.10 and 4.65. Feel bad for you guys in NY state, but it's still hurting us bad. Dad must fill up his pickup at least once every day or two (16 mpg). Never mind the quads, we're driving them less than we usually do and the lawn tractor's used only once every week and a half or so.

Am I the only one surprised that there hasn't been a lot of protests or threats or anything towards oil companies/executives?

mikef87

Occupation
We must be spoiled compared to some of you guys-anywhere between 4.10 and 4.65. Feel bad for you guys in NY state, but it's still hurting us bad. Dad must fill up his pickup at least once every day or two (16 mpg). Never mind the quads, we're driving them less than we usually do and the lawn tractor's used only once every week and a half or so.

Am I the only one surprised that there hasn't been a lot of protests or threats or anything towards oil companies/executives?

I can't believe people are just accepting this. We all need to band together and protest, trucks stop for a week this country will come to a stand still.