• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Front tire recommendations?

Mr580backhoe!

Ive only had mine on a few weeks so far so good ill have to give a better up date in a few months. As for mounting them the old tires were awful to take off i cut the bead to make it easier to remove. the new tires i used lots and lots of soap and they slid right on i did use a tire machine though they make a huge difference.

flyingpassage

Occupation
retired UPS feeder driver
about 5 years ago I needed to replace a front and it was stamped made in India not sure of the name on it but that thing showed dry rot in the first year by the second year I had to replace it,I might put just over 100 hours on the hoe a year,the replacement was a China tire 4 years old all deep cracks all over it??????

Clawed Backster

about 5 years ago I needed to replace a front and it was stamped made in India not sure of the name on it but that thing showed dry rot in the first year by the second year I had to replace it,I might put just over 100 hours on the hoe a year,the replacement was a China tire 4 years old all deep cracks all over it??????
Well, I hope that I get better results than you did. As little use as Luwanda (my hoe) gets, I am sure that the tires will die of old age, rather than wear.
BTW, when I changed a stubborn motorcycle tire a while back, I figured out that my hydraulic wood splitter works perfectly for getting the bead loose from the wheel. Just used a couple of 4×4 blocks of wood against the tire.

Clawed Backster

Was going to try changing the front tires myself, but when I went out to start the project I noticed that one of the rear tires was low. Not interested in wrestling a rear tire, so I put the two front and one rear in my pickup and took them to a tire shop. I don't think they really wanted to mount tires that I purchased elsewhere, but since I was having them fix the flat rear, they went ahead and did it. They were able to patch the tube in the rear tire, so after I handed them A HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS!!!, I am back in business.
Luwanda be stylin' with her new shoes. 20200502_103138.jpg 20200502_155046.jpg

flyingpassage

Occupation
retired UPS feeder driver
I had put my rears on myself tubeless and used ether to help set the bead, If I remember right my wife was watching my little show I heard that the old timers would do it this way and it will work thinking back it would of made a great video