• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ford LCF VS sterling bullet

DBGoalie

Occupation
Network Admin
That's funny, a Briggs and Stratton flywheel guard.

I also like the first one best, but this latest one has some possiblities. Can you get your artist to draw something up that would look like diamond plate? I think that on a black background might look sharp.

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
I like the first one also, the logo stands out more, youre deffinatley better off with the longer truck. It will help when picking up a box thats a little to heavy. I have a 335 pete with a swaploader thats been a little light in the front end a few times. Seems no matter what, everybody always seems to overload the boxes no matter what size they are. Swaploaders are great, you find so many different uses for it, BEST OF LUCK!

Attachments

• DSC00209 (Small).JPG
    DSC00209 (Small).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,135

cat320

Charter Member
I still like the first with some influence from the second.you know they do have grafics for the rear windo that you can see thru and still see the name maby bigger on the rear.

bins

anyone going to wastexpo in chicago may 6-8. next year it is in VEGAS.

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Mini Bins
I noticed on the photos of your containers you have what apears to be plastic covers? Do you know a source to get those? I have only three containers so far 10/15/20 yds. and would like to cover the 10 yd. and maybe the 15
Thanks, Mike

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
greensrevice> no it's not a variable hook height , but the next truck is going to be the 20k variable hook.

Mcabbage> these lids are great the 12 yard with the poly tops go out to the film industry for their catering truck garbage and the same for the solid metal tops. I like the solid metal tops because they also work for drywall to keep the weight down and other things from ending up in the bin. These tops were fabbed-up for me buthe the patrs come form somewhere i PA and another place in CA. I will look it up and send you the info tonight.

I finally go got the truck last thursday, I will post some pics later today.

Bret

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
Bins>here are some pics taken today. It's off to graphics on Wednesday.
I will post some info on Tuesday night when I have the chance to sit down...My first impressions are good and My favorite is the Exhaust brake and U-coonect hands free system.. I will fill you in Tuesday night..

Bret
PS Mcabbage> I will try to get that info on the container lids On tueday as well.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 698
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 700
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 709
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 695

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
mcabbage> sorry to take so long to get this info for you .

The lids are made by
Container Components
8560 Lurline Street
Chatsworth , CA 91311

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Thank you Bret!

I just got a mesh cover and handle today to make a roll up tarp system. I am going to fabricate something i can store on board the truck, so one cover will work with all containers,

My Idea is to weld some short peices of pipe to the front top rail of my containers and then weld a little smaller diamiter pipe to the sides of the roll asembly then just clip them in when i need them.

Someday when I start to do more cans I may buy a tarper system like Bins has, but for now will save the money.

I really like the idea of the solid covers and will look into that for the future as well.
Thanks again,
Mike

ps. I will post some pics when im done with that, I know im not to good at describing my ideas with a keyboard?

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
mcabbage > I do like the solid tops as well but as always theres good and bad. There expensive and it means you now have a menu of bins to offer which is alot to manage. Let us know how you make out with the options you are working on. The local supplier that makes my mesh tarps was talking about making a heavy vinyl top with stitched corners, but I am not convinced it would work as good>things like drainage, simplicity and of course loosing them or ripping them. I do like the idea of using them for any bin.... I get to it someday.

Bins> I had a bin made with a movable divider to separate the loads. I just pick the position of the divider and set the pins. The customer the fills the bin with 3/4 demo and 1/4 drywall and i can dump them separatley. I havn't figured out a good price scheme yet. but my customers love it. I also had some bins made that are nestable. then I can deliver two at one time or if I tow the trailer I can leave the yard with four bins. I you want I will post some pics?

I finally go the truck wrapped with graphics, its the "Briggs and Stratton fly wheel" as Steve F put it. It has got alot of attention and one good booking in just one day. Heres the pic

Attachments

• wrap done.jpg
    wrap done.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 514
  • truck trailer.jpg
    truck trailer.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 506

minibin

Occupation
Owner minibins.com
Bins> forgot to get you the weight.
with a 15 yard bin, driver, loaded with fuel...it's 11,700 pounds
that gives me approx 4 tonnes of payload (legal)

bins

I have thought about wrapping my truck but with all the tree limbs that I hit every day I dont know how long it would last.

bins

How is business minibin and everyone else in the roll off business?

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Hi Bins,
Dumpster business is just ok, not great not terrible. I really need to start getting creative with finding more dumpster work because i have not pushed it yet as im just starting out in that venture.

It is the same with my carpentry business, Ive always been able to get plenty of work from referals but i really should be advertising. I guess Ive been lucky, there are a lot of guy's around my area that dont have any work.

I have been looking into placing ads in the local papers and cant believe how much it cost!

Mike