• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555 coolant in oil

JimFord555

Thanks Check Break ill get in touch with Dieseltech over on Yesterdays Tractors and see what i can find about the pump. It was leaking from the left most cover plate and at 2 of the 3 injector feed lines where they attach to the pump.

Got the torque converter off ready to rig and pull

JimFord555

I was thinking about how hard it will be to bolt the T/C back to the flywheel Once the rebuilt engine is re installed . Can i drain the trans remove the T/C and install it all in one piece using dowels to line up the engine T/C assembly ? Im smooth on the HIAB controls as I regularly run one at work that is similar.

Videos 7 and 8 are up on YouTube now

My questions now are what rebuild kit do you guys recommend ? The one off this site appears to be Engine Rebuild Kit, 201 Diesel for Ford 4000 Tractors does that seem right ? The 4000 tractors had the same 201 Diesel engine ?

Is there any advantage / disadvantage to boar over .020 , .030 or .040 like some of the kits are designed for ?

If they didnt make turbo diesels until later years why does this kit for older 201 4.4 boar engines accommodate both ?

Rebore Kit, 201 Diesel - Re-Bore Sleeve and Piston Kit. For 4000 (1965 and up), 4600 (1975 and up), using 3 Cylinder 201 CID 4.4 inch bore Non-Turbo Diesel and Turbo Diesel Engines. Contains pistons, sleeves, rings, pins and pin retainers. (Part No: RBK678)

I still need to contact Dieseltech on here about my pump but it wont let me private message him

Also still wondering about a good quality radiator as i was quoted $620 CDN to re coar mine

Check Break

There's an easy way to put the T/C back. I suggested you follow this method when removing it but you were already hard at work by the time I posted. Involves bolting the T/C to the sheet metal plate through the starter hole. More later when you're closer to putting it all back together.

I don't have a recommendation for a kit other than avoid one made in the land of almost/never right. Go back with a standard piston. Your crank grind/polish depends upon the amount of damage you have. Buy a quality liner. Ask about Sparex brand. It should be good.

Ask on YT who makes the best 3 cyl radiator.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Hey Jim.. if DT can’t come thru for u on those gaskets, give me a shout.. I have piles of’m..
U can contact me here by clicking on my screen name .. that’ll lead u to my direct contact info..
Good luck