• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

First Job of the Season

stretch

Occupation
gopher
-picking up a few small logs on the way up.
-Swinging around...
-Coming on up!
-Now don't tell me that's not a calendar shot!
-Up the trail to the outside deck area to move some logs and rocks.

Attachments

• my projects 104.jpg
    my projects 104.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 327
  • my projects 105.jpg
    my projects 105.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 327
  • my projects 106.jpg
    my projects 106.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 324
  • my projects 107.jpg
    my projects 107.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 326
  • my projects 109.jpg
    my projects 109.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 323

stretch

Occupation
gopher
-rear view picking up some more timber.
-two of me working.
-placing some rocks.
-Down the hill (that boulder I'm passing by is the future house) at lunch, but that's all today for here. Really shows how steep this hillside is. I don't know how I didn't flip a machine over today, but a Cat skinner's gotta do what a cat skinner's gotta do. :beatsme

Might do some brushwork at the sandpit today just to get things moving along.

Attachments

• my projects 110.jpg
    my projects 110.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 324
  • my projects 111.jpg
    my projects 111.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 324
  • my projects 112.jpg
    my projects 112.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 325
  • my projects 114.jpg
    my projects 114.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 322
  • my projects 113.jpg
    my projects 113.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 325

stretch

Occupation
gopher
BTW Steve, it's about time we got a separate topic! Let's git r done!!!

New this week:

-Started sitework for my own house this week. In the center you can make out the road which cuts into the hill and turns to the left. We need to reach a knoll behind that V-shaped tree in the middle. I'm doing most of this work myself.
-the fleet: Dodge dump truck, IH TD-25C, IH TD-14, and Volvo EC210
-Around that left turn. This was supposed to be the new sandpit site (hence the width for two Terex 50-tonners or a 773) but we backed out due to the sand quality under the topsoil. The drive will continue on the right of the cut for about 100 yards.
-Taking out a tree.
-100' later...remember that this is just the primary width and actual width will come much later.

Attachments

• my projects 125.jpg
    my projects 125.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 273
  • my projects 127.jpg
    my projects 127.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 272
  • my projects 128.jpg
    my projects 128.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 271
  • my projects 129.jpg
    my projects 129.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 268
  • my projects 132.jpg
    my projects 132.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 276

stretch

Occupation
gopher
-taken from near the top of the right turn that will bring it across the valley and to the knoll. This is as far as we got today, as it got to 90 something degrees fast...and the bugs came out...
-along the road from where we started
-overview of the day's work :drinkup

Today...
-the past two weeks at the pit...got the other tower up and the conveyor framework/covering are going up :)
-power company wants to build a dam on a nearby river. We got a job doing some preliminary work, which is pretty much build a bridge across the river with a pipe and cover it with dirt, digging test pits, etc. Equipment being used is Cat 730, Case 340, Case CX330, Deere 1000LC.

Attachments

• my projects 137.jpg
    my projects 137.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 364
  • my projects 136.jpg
    my projects 136.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 374
  • my projects 133.jpg
    my projects 133.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 351
  • my projects 138.jpg
    my projects 138.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 353
  • my projects 141.jpg
    my projects 141.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 350

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
stretch said:
BTW Steve, it's about time we got a separate topic! Let's git r done!!!

Allow me to translate--In the language of 14 years olds, that means, "Gee, Thank you very much Mr Frazier." :rolleyes:

stretch

Occupation
gopher
-Excavate sand on right. Move it to left with ADT's. Spread material with CX330. Connect with other side of the river. Easy enough.
-Loading the 730 with the 1000LC.
-Dumping the 340, spread/pack with the CX330.
-Shot showing how far we really need to go...not too far. Thought we could pull it off in a day, but it's company policy to close a site for the day at the first sign of a storm. Actually was kinda an impressive storm, best I remember in at least two years. :beatsme (We get piddly storms compared to a lot of you guys, but they still can ruin a site pretty bad.)

More later...

Attachments

• my projects 143.jpg
    my projects 143.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 352
  • my projects 145.jpg
    my projects 145.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 346
  • my projects 147.jpg
    my projects 147.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 355
  • my projects 148.jpg
    my projects 148.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 343

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hey i'm the only one that can play in the mud! lol

By the way you might want to check the stick out on your 330, it's slightly bent:cool2

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Hey i'm the only one that can play in the mud! lol

By the way you might want to check the stick out on your 330, it's slightly bent:cool2

Hey, it's not my fault rivers have mud!

But yes, it occasionally does that. Don't know what the problem is, but I might have to tighten a bolt or two if I can. But it still gets the job done. :cool:

Kinda hot to go too far today (not used to it yet!!!) but more later this week. Hope that storm didn't wash it out too bad. :eek:

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Oh yeah, we finally ordered a new Volvo 240 excavator, D9T w/ 3-shank ripper, and 627G scraper today. Expect them to arrive sometime within a week or two.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Uhoh...

Due to a bit of operator error and a weak boom lift cylinder...we were loading some pipes and it bent right where it was going into the cylinder. We tried to lift it up again but then it snapped completely. Great...:mad:

I don't know if I should replace the machine or try to fix it...not that there's an easy way to do so. If I can't fix it I'll probaly find a boom off a dead machine and see what I can do with it. :bash

Pics...

Attachments

• my projects 151.jpg
    my projects 151.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 301
  • my projects 149.jpg
    my projects 149.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 300

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Oh yeah, we finally ordered a new Volvo 240 excavator, D9T w/ 3-shank ripper, and 627G scraper today. Expect them to arrive sometime within a week or two.

...and they came today!!! :usa They're some pretty nice-sized stuff. :notworthy

Oh yeah, pics tomorrow, we got the dam job.

dumptrucker

I thought that kids these days lost their imagination. I'm glad I am wrong. Reminds me of myself with my tonkas, the good ones , not the plastic junk they have today.

Keep the pictures coming. Great job!

stretch

Occupation
gopher
I thought that kids these days lost their imagination. I'm glad I am wrong. Reminds me of myself with my tonkas, the good ones , not the plastic junk they have today.

Keep the pictures coming. Great job!

I have the old ones still around, mostly metal but some plastic which is thick and wouldn't break no matter what we did to it.

Well, we started the Lower Quinnipiac Dam site today by building a culvert over the river to access a sand deposit which will be the primary material for the dam. The actual dam site was moved downriver a hundred yards to a narrower place and it's also shallow enough that we could drive the ADT's and scrapers into it when we have to.

-The yard and the temporary office behind it. (yes, it's an old caboose.) Equipment: 16H, TD-25C, special D8H low-ground-pressure (good for this sand), brand new D9T (what a beast!) and 627G, two Mitsubishi TMS8A's, 340B, 730. And the 1000LC and a new EC240B. More will be on the way when the actual project starts. The culvert pipes are on the right. 4 of the large ones will be used in the bridge.
-The yard and the dam site behind it. I should have gotten a pic of how shallow this water seriously was. :eek:
-Out on the culvert...1000LC filling in around the second pipe, L150C grading the dirt, EC240B behind the pipe. The bank beyond them is the deposit we want to reach.
-Another view.
-The completed bridge. We'll demolish it when the dam is finished.

Attachments

• my projects 158.jpg
    my projects 158.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 270
  • my projects 159.jpg
    my projects 159.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 273
  • my projects 160.jpg
    my projects 160.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 272
  • my projects 161.jpg
    my projects 161.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 268
  • my projects 162.jpg
    my projects 162.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 267

stretch

Occupation
gopher
-16H and D8H grading a road through the deposit. I think the 1000LC and the ADT's will work this part as it is on a high place overlooking the river and the scrapers will work the lower part where it is easier to get a machine out if it drives into the river. Not that we think it will happen but stuff occasionally happens.
-Now that's what I want to see...water flowing right through it. Look at the second pipe. I think we'll put another bridge up that's more sturdy since this area is prone to flash floods during thunderstorms. We've
-Just to show how green and peaceful this area is...out here, it's mostly logging, a few farms, and even fewer houses. This is about 10 (scale) miles from the sandpit and 3 miles from the nearest town, which is down at the junction of this river and the Quinnipiac River.

Attachments

• my projects 163.jpg
    my projects 163.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 272
  • my projects 164.jpg
    my projects 164.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 272
  • my projects 157.jpg
    my projects 157.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 271

Lashlander

Thats some pretty big culvert. Reminds me of one I did a few years ago. I'll have to see if I can find the pics. Whats the dam for anyway?

stretch

Occupation
gopher
It's a power project...the lake behind it will probably supply water and if it does we will probably build systems for that as well. We were originally going to dig a canal around that large piece of raised land but I don't think it'll be necessary now, which has pleased the owners since it'll be cheaper to build.