• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

First Job of the Season

stretch

Occupation
gopher
A quick pic of the newest macine to come outta the Frankenstretch garage...the D8R hooked up to the pan from the 627G, complete with Cat skinner and hydraulic lines drooping under the gooseneck. Note there's no dolly:p, just an old railroad car axle which turned out perfect. :notworthy Field testing to start tomorrow.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 260

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
That, its ALIVE!!! Dude, PG, please can all pregnant women and small children leave the room! WOW. you are one twisted dude. I am thinking of buying a new Case CX330, and building a drillrig/ crane for the boom. Very nice however.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Twisted? Maybe with that new pullpan outfit...:eek: Or maybe more so with those scrap shears I put on my Bucyrus-Erie 20-H. Pics when we get a demo job...who knows where I'll find one now. :beatsme

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Cant wait to see how it runs. Oh yes, and I opened my quarry for business. I an also thinking of building another semi dump trailer this weekend.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Had a little field day at the pit where we invited some contractors to look at the D8/627combo and our D9T. THe 730/Klein water truck and the 955 track loader were also sitting around there.

Attachments

• myprojects 001.jpg
    myprojects 001.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 220
  • myprojects 002.jpg
    myprojects 002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 221
  • myprojects 003.jpg
    myprojects 003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 212

stretch

Occupation
gopher
A few of the aggregate plant construction, these were from last week. The plant is now completed and full production should start on Monday. First is the conveyors going up, second is the loading fleet (two IH and one Kaeble loader and Link-Belt cable shovel :cool2) and the last is our experimental Cat excavator w/ demo grapple but perfect for rock handling and my truck in front of the 773B and one of the Terex trucks.

Attachments

• myprojects 009.jpg
    myprojects 009.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 875
  • myprojects 008.jpg
    myprojects 008.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 873
  • myprojects 007.jpg
    myprojects 007.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 909

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Starting this years season with a little land improvement for my wife.

Attachments

• D9D & 433B.jpg
    D9D & 433B.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 935

WabcoMan

Occupation
Hi Stretch,

Yes, they're both First Gear models.
Cat D9D with 9S & No.30 front PCU and an International 433B.
Wish First Gear would do a TS-14 !:drinkup

stretch

Occupation
gopher
I wish they'd also do a few more models in HO scale. My 560 loader and TD-25 are from them, and no complaints yet. Just wish the muffler on the 25 would quit falling off. If they had a TS-14, I wouldn't hesitate buying that either.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Stretch,
Yep, the First Gear HO models are real nice.
Their 1/50th stuff is pretty good too - I've got quite a few of them.

I've got a Conrad TS14B but its a weird scale (1/43) and had to rob a bank to buy it:D
The tires are HORRIBLE but the rest of it is pretty cool.

If you're into 1/87 stuff, have you ever seen the models that Roco put out a few years back ?
There was a Cat DW21, a Cat 630A with 482 scraper and a pretty cool No.12 grader.
Umex (from Spain) did a reasonable Cat 619C and Stewarts produced a Euclid S-12 - all in HO:)

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
FrankenGrader?????????????????:rolleyes:

Ok, somebody ban this kid! I am going to take you to the SPCM, Society for the Prevention of cruelty to Machinery!:D:D

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Stretch,
If you're into 1/87 stuff, have you ever seen the models that Roco put out a few years back ?
There was a Cat DW21, a Cat 630A with 482 scraper and a pretty cool No.12 grader.
Umex (from Spain) did a reasonable Cat 619C and Stewarts produced a Euclid S-12 - all in HO:)

I've seen some of the UMEX stuff on ebay once or twice, they also had a Cat D9 and I have what I think is a P&H truck crane (look for it in the post above) from them. If I see some more of it, I will definitely pick it up.

Never heard of Roco or Stewarts before, they don't appear to be making those ones anymore, so I will also keep an eye open for them.

FrankenGrader?????????????????:rolleyes:

Ok, somebody ban this kid! I am going to take you to the SPCM, Society for the Prevention of cruelty to Machinery!:D:D

Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good. But seriously, I've been busy, but no school tomorrow so maybe I'll get some work done. ;)

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Alrighty, got a little job clearing a right-of-way and a pumping station for a gas line through a swampy area :cool2. Someone else is doing the actual pipework. Got the FrankenScraper and M318D working on that.

And back at the pit...yes, IT'S ALIVE!!!:eek: The FrankenGrader (627G cab/engine pulling a 16H blade and controls) has left the building and is making a pad for the next creation (actually, it's a masterpiece compared to the Franken family :beatsme) to come out of garage...enjoy!

Attachments

• myprojects 010.jpg
    myprojects 010.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 843
  • myprojects 011.jpg
    myprojects 011.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 840
  • myprojects 012.jpg
    myprojects 012.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 822
  • myprojects 013.jpg
    myprojects 013.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 826
  • myprojects 014.jpg
    myprojects 014.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 818

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
i like that grader/scraper combo that looks cool!:notworthy good job i might have to build one in 1/50th scale:D

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Well, I had to do something with the cab/engine compartment so I went looking for parts for a water wagon...but looked at the 16 and thought "Hell, we've only used it once this year...":D What machines would you use for 1/50 scale?

And wait till Bellboy gets a load of it...:pointlaugh

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
stretch;107400 What machines would you use for 1/50 scale? And wait till Bellboy gets a load of it...:pointlaugh[/QUOTE said:
:pointlaugh:pointlaugh

i would probly use a 623g and a cat 14m that would look really cool!:D:drinkup