• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fire Department pictures

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Fireman050 had the idea to start a thread to compile some pictures of Fire Trucks, Fire Fighters and scenes you have responded to. So guys, post up some pictures of your departments pride and joy, your new gear or anything having to do with the Fire Department.

I'm also looking for pictures showing your guys fighting a fire or working an accident. I want this to be educational and uplifting. Please remember, in these types of pictures, someone lost something. Please be respectful with your comments.

This is your chance to show off your department and give the folks, that haven't had a look inside the workings of a Fire Department, a way to see what goes on.

When posting fire or accident scenes I ask that you follow a couple of guidelines:

• No pictures of fatalities or the deceased.
  • No pictures of scenes with a pending investigation.
  • No pictures containing any victims.

Our Fallen Heroes, We Will Never Forget! :usa

Last edited:

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
here is the new pumper the city of jackson got they bought 6 pumpers and a new ladder truck

Attachments

• jfd_E12.jpg
    jfd_E12.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,477
  • jfd_E12-1.jpg
    jfd_E12-1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,453
  • jfd_E12-2.jpg
    jfd_E12-2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,467

fireman050

Occupation
the truck at night

Attachments

• jfd.jpg
    jfd.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • jfd-1.jpg
    jfd-1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,469

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Thats a pretty sharp looking E-One. :thumbsup

Got any specs on it?

fireman050

Occupation
The City of Jackson Fire Department, Mississippi recently purchased 6 Typhoon Pumpers and 1 Aerial from Sunbelt Fire. They are each on an E-ONE Typhoon Chassis and are part of the Tradition Series. The trucks have a side mount pump with 1250 gallons per minute and carries 750 gallons of water. The Aerial is a Metro 100' on an E-ONE Hurricane chassis*. Other features include SCBA storage in each wheel well, Q2B Pedistal Siren, Genrator package-6000W onboard Onan Generator. (2) 750W MagnaFire Quartz lights, 8 place breaker box, power recepticales on either side of front bumper and tailboard, 2 way aerial intercom system, Pike pole tubes, ladder storage box and Hardwired Collins Spot light in cab.
Purchased by City of Jackson, Mississippi.
Shop order # for these 6 Typhoon Pumpers is 131641-646 and for the Aerial, #131653.
Delivery - August, 2006.
*Hurricane Chassis is no longer available due to 2007 EPA emissions changes.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Here's a brush truck I designed. It's an '01 F-350 C/C with 7.3 and automatic. It has an L pack tool box behind the cab, and an Alum-Line flatbed. We attached a 250 gallon tank to the flatbed with a Hatz diesel powered pump. It has 250' of 1" booster line and is plumbed for 1 1/2" hose too, and there's also a foam induction unit on it. It carries a generator, portable pump, Indian tanks and brush/salvage tools.

This truck's duties include brush fires, tanker operation support and traffic detail. All of our brush trucks prior to this one had utility bodies on them. I chose the flatbed design to make access to the pump, generator and Indian tanks easier. It has worked out well, in fact many of the neighboring departments have copied its design.

Attachments

• 47-61.jpg
    47-61.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,543

fireman050

Occupation
Here's a brush truck I designed. It's an '01 F-350 C/C with 7.3 and automatic. It has an L pack tool box behind the cab, and an Alum-Line flatbed. We attached a 250 gallon tank to the flatbed with a Hatz diesel powered pump. It has 250' of 1" booster line and is plumbed for 1 1/2" hose too, and there's also a foam induction unit on it. It carries a generator, portable pump, Indian tanks and brush/salvage tools.

This truck's duties include brush fires, tanker operation support and traffic detail. All of our brush trucks prior to this one had utility bodies on them. I chose the flatbed design to make access to the pump, generator and Indian tanks easier. It has worked out well, in fact many of the neighboring departments have copied its design.

is that a excalibur lightbar on that truck?

nedly05

Heres one of our engine at a water supply/pump ops drill, and one of us at a tractor trailer with his trailer brakes/tires on fire. One of me and the boys. Will post more later.

Attachments

• 100_2766 (Small).jpg
    100_2766 (Small).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,398
  • 100_2765 (Small).jpg
    100_2765 (Small).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 100_2702 (Small).jpg
    100_2702 (Small).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,438

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I believe it is an Excalibur. I had spec'ed a two level Code 3 but the powers that be didn't want to spend the money. This one has the same features and is a slightly lower profile at a lesser cost. I had Federal strobes mounted to the sides of the winch frame for clearing intersections and there's a Federal Arrow Stick on the back for traffic control.

littledenny

Occupation
Owner, 2Vets, LLC
Wow, I'm already jealous.

Went to training Wed night, and on the way home, stopped at my station to check the rigs -- two out of three started.

Really wish my jurisdiction could afford what we really need. They're trying, but it's a long process, trying to make up for years of "we'll make due".

I'll have to get some pix of what we have to play with, so you guys can see how the other half lives.

nedly05

Nedly 05:

Which one is you in those pictures?

Great shots, by the way.

Thanks!,I'm the white hat, I have tons of pics, I just need to take a few minutes and sort through them. I have been brining my fiance along to be the dept. photographer!

atgreene

I'll post some pics soon, but here's a link with some awesome vids and audio from PFD.

The Cleveland St fire audio, I'm Engine 11 / IC initially.

The Park Ave video I was on RIT.

The Mayo St. police cruiser video # 2 is just amazing to watch the three jump from the 3rd floor. I came back to that fire on the third alarm call-back.

http://www.portlandfirefighters.com/

fireman050

Occupation
Heres one of our engine at a water supply/pump ops drill, and one of us at a tractor trailer with his trailer brakes/tires on fire. One of me and the boys. Will post more later.

that is a nice engine we had a vehicle fire today we rolled up on scene with a garbage truck on fire i only had time to take 1 pic so here it is

Attachments

• garbage truck fire.jpg
    garbage truck fire.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,058

alco

How bout this one?

Attachments

• Fire on Fire.jpg
    Fire on Fire.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 644

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
How bout this one?

Looks like a american LA France, And that sucks! We had that happen to a local dept here about 10 years ago, they just recived a brandy new pumper, took it out with the sales guy and they where driving along testing it out and all of a sudden.... Wosh smoke started poring from the dash area, they had to go back and get the old truck to put out the new one! Need less to say the saleman was a Little embarresed! :p

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
Here Is a pic of my truck !( I am engineer On it) This is at a fire about 3 years ago, It is a 1996 KME aerial cat 95 ft rear mouunt bucket. She has a 2k gallon a minute pump and is built like a brick **** house!

Attachments

• 27589670_IMG_0806.jpg
    27589670_IMG_0806.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 628
Last edited: