• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 262B's

fiatallisguy

FA 262b's

I will for sure post some pics. Maybe in a week or two when things slow down for the holidays. Yes we still run some other fiat stuff. We have 3 FD30's and two FD30B's, as well as a fr15b loader and a fr12b loader and a 645 loader. we also have a 21C but it dosen't get used much any more. We also have some Allis Chalmers stuff that some of you might be interested in. they are just toys and a couple need to be restored but we have a HD 21 I believe is a 1968. we also have a TS160 scraper, and 360 and our favorite the big 562 scraper. we also have an old ts 200 but it is all apart.

fiatallisguy

Hi again
in the last thread I said the allis chalmers were toys, I mean we just play with them and dont use them daily, they are the real thing, sorry for any confusion.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Hi fiatallisguy, I,d be keen to see some photos too esp of the HD21s and the 160.
Own a 160 converted to a hyd scoop and a HD6ep too.
cheers merv.

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
equipment operator (Coffey County, KS)
I just bought a 262b, and it has allis motors, I'm assuming that they're the 25000, and 11000...I am just wondering what the horsepowers are supposed to be. I bought a shop manual, but it doesn't appear to have that type of info in it.

excavator22

Any pics of the 262's or any FA machines would be great, if you can get some video of them it would be better. Glad they are still being used somewhere!

fiatallisguy

I just bought a 262b, and it has allis motors, I'm assuming that they're the 25000, and 11000...I am just wondering what the horsepowers are supposed to be. I bought a shop manual, but it doesn't appear to have that type of info in it.

hi there
I believe the original rating was 330 hp in the front and just under 200hp in the back, some guys tried to up the power but the transmissions couldn't handle it, not only that it just spins the wheels off them and you don't get anywhere anyway. what serial number is your 262? there were only around 250 of them made and I was curious if it was newer than our newest one, I have never seen one newer but I assume there are a few.

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
Thanks, I appreciate it...the guy I bought it from wasn't too sure (thought the front was around 325, the rear 170), you're probably closer though. He also wasn't sure on the year, thought it was an '81 or so. The serial # is 79C00603. You'll have to forgive my spacing/using of all zero's, but I'm not to savvy on whether they're actually zero's, or o's. Thanks's again, I LOVE this forum! There is another scraper oriented thread with a bunch of neat pictures that you guys will have to check out if you haven't already...it's in the Scrapers section under photos, but I'm sure that you've all seen them already. Thanks again fiatallisguy!

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
Sorry, I misled you...that thread is nice, but I found one yesterday on the Allis-Chalmers 562. THAT'S the one that I meant to mention, I guess is you look around long enough you can find all kinds of neat stuff in here!

fiatallisguy

Sorry, I misled you...that thread is nice, but I found one yesterday on the Allis-Chalmers 562. THAT'S the one that I meant to mention, I guess is you look around long enough you can find all kinds of neat stuff in here!

I looked in one of my old brocures and they do rate them at 325hp and 171hp net at the flywheel. the 25000 is 844 cu/in and the rear is 516 cu/in.

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
Thanks! Let me know about what you find on the serial number...I'm kinda curious about that.

fiatallisguy

Thanks! Let me know about what you find on the serial number...I'm kinda curious about that.

I think it would be a '78. My dad bought 600 new in the spring of 78 and 619 new in the summer of 79 so that would give you a pretty close idea to the year. I only use the last three digits of the serial numer because the rest of it is the same on all the 262's and they are zeros ahead of that.

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
Thank you, I sure do appreciate all of the info. I would like to find out a little more about my "ol girl" I haven't gotten a whole lot of time to play with her very much, but I DO like to run 'er...this thing can move some major dirt! Hauling fuel to it is the only thing setting me back, I've got plenty of work, but the funds are a little tight!

Last edited:

fiatallisguy

Thank you, I sure do appreciate all of the info. I would like to find out a little more about my "ol girl" I haven't gotten a whole lot of time to play with her very much, but I DO like to run 'er...this thing can move some major dirt! Hauling fuel to it is the only thing setting me back, I've got plenty of work, but the funds are a little tight!

NO problem, I have lots of literture on them and I am third generation to use them. If you have any questions on them feel free to ask, we have been through every bolt and nut on these things hundreds of times and I don't think you will find anyone that knows them better than my Dad, he probably knows them better than the guys that built them. Between him and I we can probably get it figured out. The Fiat scrapers weren't all that popular but there were a few around, we only know of 3 other ones still being used in Canada. We have imported several from the states. The dozers were more popular than the scrapers. We have one machine that has between 20 or 25 thousand frame hours on it, so they are pretty tough machines.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Did someone say Fiat-Allis 262? Pancopy.jpg
Building new cells in a landfill, 1986. He was lifting the back tires off the ground because he saw me taking pics. They had a few Komatsu pans on that job, too maybe I can find the pics.

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
A few quick questions from a slow mind... these compare in size to a Cat 627 or 637? And how do they ride at speed compared to a cushion hitch Cat or suspended axle Terex?
I just wondered since the few times I ran a 627B with a locked or defective hitch it about beat me to death.
I have the original sales brochures for these in my files... now if I can just fiqure out scanning....

More pics please!

Alan

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
They compare to a 627 (21yd). I run a 621E quite a bit (which has a cushion hitch), after running my 262 I would say that the ride is MUCH better with a cushion hitch! The neck on the 262 is fixed with no suspension axle, so the ride is comparable to a 613 magnified about 10x. I've never run anything with a suspension axle, so I can't compare to that, but I sure would like to try one out. The tires can also make a difference...the 621 I run has radials, my 262 has bias. If I could figure out the format for this website, I would post some pics, but I know just enough about computers to make me dangerous, so I'll try some more.