• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat 70CI. Repairs, modifications and stories.

Queenslander

Not the news that you want to hear Ted, but now that I’ve had time to think about it, Iam certain that there is no adjustment to allow for wear of the steering clutches.
Other than the couple of checks that I mentioned above, it is most likely that the clutches have either stripped all the teeth off the plates or are badly contaminated with oil and will have to come out.
Fairly common with these tractors..Nutwood has discussed the issue on page 3 of this thread.
The check valve that I mentioned is No. 17 on page 98 of the service manual that Jeembawb posted above.

Last edited:

TMitchell

Occupation
Dog trapper and sheep breeder
Thanks fellas,
some conflicting information there, to my mind anyways.
I have a bloke who is the friends of the son in law who said that he will come and have a look at it for me in the new year. He is a diesel fitter and has spent years working on newer machines. Hopefully he can get his head around this old girl. In the meantime I had better try walking it back to the shed and get the gerni onto it. It is covered in caked on and dried mud from working during our wet winter.
In all, it sounds like it is going to cost me money which I don't have just yet, after my daughters wedding in October.
This may have to wait. Bugger.
Thanks again OzDozer and Queenslander. Also to you Jeembawb for posting the manual pics.
Have a Merry Christmas. ;)

Queenslander

No worries, if you still have my number get your friend to give me a call, I might be able to point him in the right direction.
Season’s greetings to you and yours as well.