• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

favorite crane

Tiny

Tiny: is that your trailer with the track frame on it??? Looks like a Fruehauf stretch with sliding tandems. Am I right?? George

Yes Sir, You are to a point the sliding tandems have been modified a bit

Attachments

• 2120040580102573386sFICFO_ph.jpg
    2120040580102573386sFICFO_ph.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 583

BigIron25

Favorite crane to watch... Manitowoc 4100 never had a chance to operate :/ , favorite crane to operate Manitowoc 2250.

BigIron25

gmks are great cranes all around we have 3 gmk 3055s and 1 gmk 4115l

I have to agree, we run a fleet of Heavy GMKs, and just got an a Demag AC200 last year. Maybe its just because were not used to a Terex/Demag (or were all very biased on our history with GMKs) but none of us like the white elephant in our yard of yellow iron. Do you have to run with boom dollies in Mass.? Our smallest was a GMK4100 and it had a three axle dolly.

mantirig

working a 41s2 on a brage setting 70 ft.sheet pile and 17,000 lb. vibro hammer the soil is tough takes 4 weeks to hit grade with 56 sheets. can take hammer to 115ft. well in my chart. alot of vibration 41 don't seem to mind one bit. 78 model. been keeping a close eye on all the pins and keepers. wish that darn hammer would break down but I guess the soon we get done the better lol. A few years back was moving a lot of 8 by 16 wooded matts with a 60 ton Grove at full throttle it made quick work of them, good crane. My favorite is the 3900 it just feels good with 160 main and 40 jib

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
I really grew attached to this LS-718 Link Belt in the Heavy Lift ring attachment configuration. It was the only 718 in the ring ever built to have forward mounted c/w's for the purpose of making it barge capable in this set ring up. It also doesn't have the boom base right in front of the operators cab like the Manitowoc 4,100W Ringer does. On that one you can't see out the front glass at your riggers on the ground. I HATED having to lean out of the cab to see the hook when it was actually right in front of me! http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...Corp projects/?action=view&current=d626-1.jpg

Last edited:

Hard Nocks

Occupation
RT Crane Operator, Former Boom Truck Operator,
I am new to the board, in the last year of my Mobile Crane apprenticeship, but have been a journeyman boom truck operator for over 14 years. I think my favorite crane I have ran is the Tadano gr-300xl. If the crew needed a hair, I could give it too them, and not a bit extra! My favorite boom truck was the one I ran for years, the Weldco 40 ton. I prefered the 97' boom, but mostly ran the 75' model. I think their 45 ton is a better machine yet, but don't really have any time in them. I don't really care for my current machine, a grove rt530e-2... The machine is ok, but don't care for this machines control lag time. Oh well if I can make this thing look good, I shouldn't have much problems with anything else!