1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Excavator tracks locked!

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Blackrock, Feb 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TVA

TVA Senior Member

It means it made of paper and dough, it’s actually French term, you should know it. They make dolls with that ancient technology.

DMiller likes this.
  2. TVA

TVA Senior Member

Don’t know exactly why, but there’s a lot of camshafts ( especially Cummins ISX) killed by Schafer high molly oil!

DMiller likes this.
  3. Blackrock

Blackrock Member

farmer
    So, you mean that will be fragile?

DMiller likes this.
  4. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    I'm sure you got dry steel pin n bushing. I think you'll be ok once the break free.

DMiller likes this.
  5. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    That was the inference, not so much fragile but as the rust breaks free and erodes the pin to bushing wear will first show then increase. Chains may initially get snake like then will inevitably side slip and roll off in a bind. Care when using and you will be fine, making sure you monitor the rails as they do wear may make you feel paranoid but should be able to manage use for quite awhile.

Blackrock and Ronsii like this.
  6. Blackrock

Blackrock Member

farmer
    thanks DMiller for this advise, I'll keep it in my mind

7. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    These are my own Worn Beyond Limits Dry Pin Loader rails, only rolled a track off Twice, Painful but manageable.

IMG_7100.JPG

Blackrock and Ronsii like this.